Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which fertility service???

• 14-03-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all,

So just wondering.what experience people have and which clinic they are attending.

I'm being seen.at the rotunda however don't seem to be getting very far. In14 months we have had 3 SA, all my bloods were done at gp. Had two rounds of clinic (no scans with same) but day 21 blood tests. Had a HSG test done and being told to,loose weight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I can pretty much tell how your feeling. Im with the rotunda and its my second time TTC last time I was been seen was back in 2008 and well I get no where they tell me to get this test and that test done that my doctor has already done and still they want it all done again. last time I was there was a month ago and they were reading someone elses file out to me and telling me I should be able concieve because I dont have PCOS(which I do) lets just say frustrating Im given clomid and sent on my way for another 3 months no monitoring and no explanation and they wont listen when I ask things about meds and Infertility. I feel like they just pass me off each appointment and then another 3 months pass and same thing again. Id like the option of trying Famera and something else I heard about is clomid at start of month and again in the middle to help it along.. Have you asked if you can change hospitals?
    Im close to Galway and sligo and dublin are a bit further but not too bad so Id go to any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi girls.

Gosh sorry to hear about your experiences with your clinic, that doesn't sound very good at all.. Its hard enough waiting every month for af to arrive but to be put off month after month by a clinic aswell is not too nice :mad: I am attending the Galway fertility Clinic and I have to say I find them really good there... I had my first appt with them in Feb/Mar 09 and was straight into my first month on Clomid on my next cycle... In May 09 I was doing my 3rd cycle of Clomid 100mg and IUI and got a positive :D.. It unfortunately didn't last and I lost at 10 weeks, but I was happy to continue with them after a few months and seen the consultant again and was straight into more cycles with clomid as it had worked... in total I have done 7 cycles of clomid and have just started our first and hopefully only ICSI...
    I am so happy with how efficent they are there... I rang the clinic in December about starting again after a years break and here we are in March after having the IVF talk and appt in clinic for bloods etc... and I have started already! I am sure its a good idea to check into all clinics that are with in reasonable reach but I find the clinic in Galway great and the nurses are just lovely there...
    I wish you both all the best, hopefully we'll be hearing some great news from you both soon :D;)
    Am around and about if you want to ask any question at all about the clinic or anything.. I'm sure you can pm or something, I'm new to this site so just trying to find my feet a bit.. good luck girlies..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

This is a really interesting topic and one which I'm sure is off interest to lots of people. Is there any link with private/public patients and level of care? I'm in the beacon and the care is second to none but then again I pay at least €100 on each visit so id expect that level. It wasn't really a concious decision to pick private, my gp referred me to a consultant who only has private rooms. Is napro private? I've heard some people here give v good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

hi Yellow hen,
    I actually don't know if Napro is private or not.. I am attending the Galway Fertility Unit. To be honest I don't know if it is private, It is a good topic, as I think at some stage everyone wonders are the in the right clinic, or would somewhere else be better.... I know I wondered if we should be going to Dublin or stay in Galway, but I was comfortable with the staff and happy with everything there so decided that we would do ICSI in Galway too...
    Where are you at the minute with treatments etc... wishing you tons of luck whatever it is :)

Advertisement