Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wine tasting for Boardsies!

• 14-03-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Since things are quiet here on the wine front it seems a good idea to revive a bit of interest!
    The Wine Buff Ranelagh will be hosting a Boards.ie exclusive “Thursday Tasting” on Thursday (naturally!) 29th March. Starting at 8:00pm we’ll get through six or so different wines and cover the basics of…

• how to “taste” a wine rather than just drink it
    • what characteristics good wines should have
    • how to tell the marvellous from the mediocre.

Normally €20 this is priced at €15.00 each and limited to 10 places. A deposit secures a chair! PM me to book a spot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Just for clarification - Slaphead07 approached the Mods with this special offer for Boards users & we sanctioned it.

@Slaphead07 - thanks for your giving something back to the forum & other posters.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Very nice... a min walk from me and after the end of my exams :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Jev/N wrote: »
    Very nice... a min walk from me and after the end of my exams :D

Yeah, just as I planned it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Would like to go to this.........if I wasn't in the wrong end of the country!

Hi all,
    If people are thinking of signing up I'll really need some sort of commitment... otherwise I'll have to either scrap it altogether or open it up to "regulars" as well.

thanks.

• Advertisement

Ok, I'm opening this Tasting up to other customers as well - otherwise it's simply not viable to go ahead with it.
    If anyone here is genuinely interested in attending let me know asap by PM.

thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm opening this Tasting up to other customers as well - otherwise it's simply not viable to go ahead with it.
    If anyone here is genuinely interested in attending let me know asap by PM.

thanks.

If you set out which wines will be tasted you might get a better response, at least then people will know if it's going to be cheval blanc v lafite or if it is more of an Oz savignon blanc v NZ Chardonnay etc.

If you set out which wines will be tasted you might get a better response, at least then people will know if it's going to be cheval blanc v lafite or if it is more of an Oz savignon blanc v NZ Chardonnay etc.
    I take your point but a quick look at the website will tell you we only do quality clean wines produced by small family vineyards. We don't even stock "Oz savignon blanc v NZ Chardonnay". I'm assuming anyone interested would check out the kind of wines we stock.

We always start with something like a Bordeaux white, then a more interesting white (Chablis, Chitry or Albarino) then a decent French red followed by an a more 'interesting", depending on what unusual bottles I have at the time. We may move on to sweet wines or we may go for an even more exotic red. Depends on the group.

I would never list specific bottles for a Tasting because we like to "read" a group and present wines that we think they would find interesting. Many people regularly attend our tastings so we do change the selection every time.

Since I opened this to the "public" we've filled up quite quickly but there is room for 1 or 2 more if you're interested. We've had 14 at these in the past and it still worked well!
    Remember this is on tomorrow night (29th), so PM me if you want to book.

Well a great night was had by all, unfortunately no Boardsies attended! :confused:

Anyway, just for info the wines we got through were...

2008 Nausica Inzolia – White from Sicily
    2010 Grand Bireau - White Bordeaux
    2009 Ginglinger Riesling
    2010 Maratray Dubreuil Bourgone Pinot Noir
    2007 Darien Crianza Rioja
    2004 D’arfeuille Vieilles Vignes 100% Grenache (vines 80+ years old)

if anybody ever wants to take part in, or organise their own, future tasting just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Well a great night was had by all, unfortunately no Boardsies attended! :confused:

that's a shame, looks like you had some nice wines open.

deRanged wrote: »
    that's a shame, looks like you had some nice wines open.

It's all we have :D

Advertisement