Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite installers Cork?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey, could anyone recommend a 'free to air' satellite installer in Cork City and advise on prices? I already have the dish so installation only..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Prices will vary depending on the house it's being installed into. Pm Rippy - he's based in Carrigaline and is recommended highly on here. I've used him myself.

You say you have your own dish, as long as it isn't one of the useless Aldi/Lidl setups, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

:eek: It's one of the portable Aldi ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Terrible setup to be honest, the dishes and brackets are so flimsy that even the lightest storm will mean you'll have no reception. Most installers won't set them up because they get the blame when they fail, despite the actual dish and bracket being the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

There is a Guy in Wilton shopping centre. Very professional and no overly expensive bu I can't remember what exactly. He was recommended to me by a fe other people. Hi name is James O'Brien and he has the sky stand in there.
    Edit - just di a search and it is
    A T S Sky Satellite Installation (Wilton)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

As Owen said, I would not touch an aldi/lidl dish with a barge pole.
    If, in the unlikely event somebody did manage to bribe me , with sexual favours or a go in their Ferrari or whatever...., I would still make sure they signed agreement that no guarantee could be offered on the dish staying in alingment, or even attached to the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Mr G Hook wrote: »
    MissRetro wrote: »
    Hey, could anyone recommend a 'free to air' satellite installer in Cork City and advise on prices? I already have the dish so installation only..
    *snip* highly recommended

Wow, two posts both promoting the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

There is also the Sat shop on Tramore Road..

It's in the Commercial Park..

Like what other people say above though,,they,like other installers,,they won't touch the aldi/lidl systems.

Good proper Sat systems aren't that expensive,,and well worth the extra few euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Fella on Shandon St did ours.

If you want I'll ask my husband for his number as he's the one who organised it.

Advertisement