Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I LOVE YOU SEGA !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i guess.... thats... good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

i guess.... thats... good?

I couldn't care less about Skys of Arcadia or Jet Set Radio, but Shenmue?!?!?!

TrollFaceDancing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am not trolling, sorry if it looked like it. i just newer played or heard of these... i guess i am seconds away from getting stoned, am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I know nothing about these games, but that video in the opening post could be the best thing I've ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

deathrider wrote: »
    I know nothing about these games, but that video in the opening post could be the best thing I've ever seen!

I did a similar thing and knocked over the water in my room and spit all over the place :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to see HD remakes of both games, as they are both fantastic. Skies of Arcadia was brilliant, and i loved the ship battles in it. But i'd rather see an ending to Shenmue. God damn it i still want to kill this ****er.

Et-voila-Lan-Di-SAMA-le-terrible.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I did a similar thing and knocked over the water in my room and spit all over the place :pac:

I was almost thinking the video was of you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You know what, I played through Shenmue again over Christmas and its fecking boring. Still looks good but just plays so dull. Shenmue 2 is so much better.

Skies of Arcadia though - nerdgasm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

You know what, I played through Shenmue again over Christmas and its fecking boring. Still looks good but just plays so dull. Shenmue 2 is so much better.

Skies of Arcadia though - nerdgasm!

Agree, Shenmue was boring. It just looked good at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ah sweet. Owned SoA on DC and GC, they're around here. I'll get it again as an excuse to replay. If Shenmue gets a big enough reception maybe there will be a push for 3 to be made but I doubt it. Lan Di!!!!
    I'm not too sure about a sequel after the ending to 2 though. That game was fantastic up until the last part. Not so much wtf as why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Would love a HD remake of the Shenmue games, dull gameplay by today's standards but still a great immersive story in a great setting. A conclusion to the story would be too much to ask I think, comparable to Half Life in that they just stopped it on a cliff hanger with Yu Suzuki never saying never but doubt it'd be profitable today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Kiith wrote: »
    God damn it i still want to kill this ****er.

Does he just have his jacket on backwards or can he, actually, turn his had all the way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm convinced that anyone that didn't love Skies of Arcadia has no soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I loved Shenmue so much. I was 12 when I played it, bought it on a whim because Electronics Boutique were clearing out their Dreamcast games, blew me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd love to see HD remakes of both games, as they are both fantastic. Skies of Arcadia was brilliant, and i loved the ship battles in it. But i'd rather see an ending to Shenmue. God damn it i still want to kill this ****er.

great video! watched it 5 times over and still piss myself!

in terms of the ending to shenmue, yu suzuki in a recent interview more or less confirmed that ryo wont be killing Lan Di, i believe that too, if ryo kills lan di, it only goes full circle and ryo is no better than lan di as it seems lan di had a reason to kill ryo's father other than stealing the mirror. he also said that his favourite part of the series is yet to come.

i bloody hope he gets the chance to release the game, the hd remake could be the first step...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Retr0gamer wrote: »

My friend has been telling me I need to play it for years, so I'd welcome a HD version! I've always been curious about Shenmue too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should listen to that friend more :)

Well i am ginger... But i've never played it, so a HD remake is welcome too. Shenmue first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    My friend has been telling me I need to play it for years, so I'd welcome a HD version! I've always been curious about Shenmue too.

Sounds like a smart guy... ;)
    You should listen to that friend more :)

Yes, he should...
    Well i am ginger... But i've never played it, so a HD remake is welcome too. Shenmue first though.

I bet there was this guy who constantly told you how amazing Shenmue was, but you didn't have a Dreamcast to play it. Then you played it (or possibly the sequel) years later, and knew what he meant. Amirite ;)

Skies, for the record, is one of my very favourite games. Better than Shenmue by far Jim!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wikipedia wrote:
    The term "Quick Time Event" is attributed to Yu Suzuki, director of the game Shenmue which used the QTE feature to a great degree.

Just trying to poison the well for new players. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

For the past 10 E3 shows all I've wanted to hear is an announcement for Skies of Arcadia 2 and I've been disappointed every time. I guess this will do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm not believing this until they are safely downloaded and installed on my machine, that way i can not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/shenmue-xbla-hd-real-finished.html

"Shenmue HD is real, finished 'for well over a year'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

mystic86 wrote: »
    http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/shenmue-xbla-hd-real-finished.html

"Shenmue HD is real, finished 'for well over a year'"

Dam you dude , just bet me to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Dam you dude , just bet me to it :pac:

OK I bet you 1 million euro that I can post this news before you... I win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whats the big deal about this Shenmue business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well the 2nd game ended on a cliffhanger basically, its one continued story from the start and after 30 odd hours of playing its annoying to have the story unfinished. Probably a bit of nostalgia involved but its still one of the most immersive games I've played so I'd love to see the third one made

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Whats the big deal about this Shenmue business?

It was a fantastic game for its time, Yakuza would be the modern equivalent. Don't know if it will stand the test of time, but i'm buying it either way, and i hope everyone does so they can do a HD remake of Shenmue 2, and maybe make Shenmue 3!!!
    I bet there was this guy who constantly told you how amazing Shenmue was, but you didn't have a Dreamcast to play it. Then you played it (or possibly the sequel) years later, and knew what he meant. Amirite ;)

Skies, for the record, is one of my very favourite games. Better than Shenmue by far Jim!!

Yes, one lad had the Dreamcast and kept going on and on about how much better it was than the PS2. I eventually got a loan of it and Shenmue (1&2) were the highlights.

I'll definitely pick up Skies too, it does look good!

Edit: Just saw that Shenmue 1 & 2 are getting HD remakes and that they are taking so long to be released because of Sega debating what to do with the future of the Shenmue games... Interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CarlsBurg

Makes perfect sense to port Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 to xbox live arcade and psn. Only thing I fear is changes :( Hopefully there won't be any.

But it has to be said is that since the english version of Shenmue 2 was an Xbox original exclusive. Will that cause problems with the HD ports? (legal like)

Advertisement