Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTPC build

Options
  • 14-03-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

first i have made a thread on this in the parent forum see here

1. What is your budget? Don't have one really but will pay for quality

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? As a replacment for sky multi-room so watching HD tv, music, and Watching HD films from my NAS drive and blurays . Maybe a bit of broswing and downloading.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have a number of Hard Drives that can me used. Also have DDR2 Ram but i'd be aiming for DDR3 ram really

5. Do you need a monitor? No but need a HDMI output

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Currnet is 1080p tv but planning on upgrading to a thinner model in the near future possibly 3D

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I am looking to install a DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuners. Have a wireless mouse and keyboard already. Also wifi is not needed really gonna be like 5ft from router can always add later

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I would be but I doubt I need to for what i need prefer not to tho if possible.

8. How can you pay? Well Credit card limit is 500...

9. When are you purchasing? dunno yet I'm seeing about cost first..if there is a new technology coming out i might be willing to wait

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? i was lloking at hardwareverand's option to assemble the pc for you like that idea but i'm not against putting it together myself alrthogh i don't have much experience i could always learn. Located in south Wicklow.

11. Have you any other needs other than stated above Yes I was thinking of putting in a Small SSD for the OS a as it dramatically upgrades performance so i would like a SATA 3 controller and a HDD for storage that only needs to be SATA 2. USB 3 or eSata would be a bonus.

Comments

Advertisement