Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dating dilemma

Options
  • 14-03-2012 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

Hoping ye can provide me with a bit of direction and perhaps some ideas following on from my encounter last Thursday night.

Will try to cut a long story as short as possible. I was out with my work mates for dinner and a few drinks after. I left them early to meet up with a college friend for a few pints. Town was pretty quiet and we were in the beer garden of a bar when we got chatting to a few girls. Both were nice and outgoing.

We all hung around together for the rest of the night and went to a late bar together. They told us quiet a lot about themselves as I recall but a lot went in one ear and out the other with me. What I did recall was that they were both secondary school teachers.

Anyway, at chuck out time all four of us together decided to go back to my house as it was nearby and from there my friend could organise a taxi to his house and the two girls organise a taxi to their houses as they both lived near each other but quite a distance away. As we were waiting I got pretty close and friendly with one of the girls. Didn't go the whole hog or anything but got to know each other pretty well all the same. Although tired and hardly able to keep my eyes open I was pretty shocked as didn't think whe would have gave me a second glance really.

Their taxi came pretty quick and as they were leaving I asked her for her number which she called out to me at about 100mph. I had it on my scratchpad but stupidly deleted it from it just as quick and they were gone in the taxi as soon as I realised. Was fit to kick myself.

Anyhow, Im just looking for a way to possibly get in contact with her again and hook up. She most likely thinks I just didn't bother contacting her again which is not the case.

Anyhow, I do recall her mentioning to me that she had consins in the parish next to my home place. She said their surname and her grandfathers surname. I am almost sure she said on her fathers side but not 100% certain. If they are on her fathers side then that would be her own surname also but if on her mothers side obviously not.

Her christian name is quite unusual. I looked to see if she was on facebook but no joy. I didn't remember the name of the school but my friend did.

The only other avenue open to me is maybe drop a note in a sealed envelope into the school in which she works...put Miss..... (what I think is her surname on the envelope). Mentioned this idea to two people. One told me to go for it and the other (guy I was with when we met the girls) said not to as it might freak her out and she may even call the Guards. Me...I'm just not sure. I'm not the most decisive person and both are swaying my thoughts very strongly in one direction or the other.

The other option is to hit the same pub we met it again tomorrow night in the hope they might be there. My friend said he'd join me but I think the chances of them being out are slim enough as they mentioned they very seldom be out in that particular town. Not sure if I've any other options open to me.

Sorry for being a bit cryptic but would like to remain anonymous. Also, I know its often said her pics or GTFO. Genuienly don't have any snaps, not a facebook person, wasn't taking photos.:)

Any help or ideas appreciated. In particular is it a good idea or not to drop a letter in a sealed envelope in with the secretaty of her school to give to her?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You poor sod!
    You asked AH for advice?
    This should be interesting! LOL

So basically your looking for tips on tracking/stalking down someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jesus, don't go writing her a note or dropping into secondary schools, or trying to find her family! Just go back to the pub you met her in, that's your best (non creepy) chance of meeting her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My psychic panda says ring 014887706 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Wait outside the school and follow her home.

Chicks love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Her christian name is quite unusual. I looked to see if she was on facebook but no joy. I didn't remember the name of the school but my friend did.

You know her name and where she works, phone up the school and leave your name and number for her to contact you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

I know a guy that did that... left a note at the school where the girl worked, she thought it was very romantic and they dated for about 2 years!!

You should defo do it... so cute! :p

Oh just to add, make sure you explain on the note that you deleted her number by accident and that your not stalking her...make sure to make that clear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theirishstig

Biggins wrote: »
    You poor sod!
    You asked AH for advice?
    This should be interesting! LOL

I know not idealwink.gif But might get a few ideas or some sort of consensus on my thoughts hopefully

Biggins wrote: »
    So basically your looking for tips on tracking/stalking down someone?

Tracking her down is what I'd like to think:p. Don't have posters of her in a locker or anything like that:cool:

Larry, I'm sorry but I'm not assisting you.
    Its bad enough that your back from Spain but you didn't even bother to change your last name from Murphy to something else that might not give the game away even further! :D

Jesus, don't go writing her a note or dropping into secondary schools, or trying to find her family! Just go back to the pub you met her in, that's your best (non creepy) chance of meeting her again.

Thanks stupidusername. Will give the pub a shot first but unlikely I think as they mentioned they seldom ever be out in this particular town. Don't really know their drinking haunts besides

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

you've done yourself no favours posting here , most will just take the piss .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dean09 wrote: »
    Wait outside the school and follow her home.

Chicks love that.

This....your best chance would probably be around the time the kids finish. A good idea might be to wear a baseball cap, sunglasses, and a trench coat. Then when you see her you can run up and surprise her.

My psychic panda says ring 014887706 :D

Very good Dublin Zoo or something like that;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

we got chatting to a few girls. Both were nice and outgoing.
    Have you another dozen dwarves out back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Call the taxi driver, he'll get you to her place.

Thats a recession for you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

this sounds really weird... but.... type her name in google and her hometown maybe something will come up,,, she may not be on fb but she could be on something else,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Drop in the note. What have you to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

a no-brainer

don't wash you fingers, go back to the pub, go round a few of the lads and do the sniff test, If she went back with you and let you fiddle with her bits on the first night, chances are she has done it before and one of the lads will remember her scent(and her number)

good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

And blast it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Hi all,

Will try to cut a long story as short as possible.

Well you've certainly failed on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ring up school, ask if [first name] is there. If it's an unusual name you probably won't need to provide the second name. Get told [first name] is currently in class. Ask if secretary would mind giving her a message? "[Your name] called, can be reached at [your number]."

If she doesn't return your call you'll know she thinks you're a weirdo. If she does, fanny's your aunt, you may get a ride date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Heading back to the bar now and then seems like the best bet.

Or as mentioned earlier, google her first name and her hometown or something else connected to her. If it's such an unusual name, there's a fair chance you'll find something useful.

Or, if there's a Des Kelly Carpets outlet near the school, ask them to put up a billboard saying "Miss _______, I'm the guy from the other night. I accidently deleted your number, text me at 0871234567."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

hey stig, it's me the girl from the bar so to speak, having read through the thread there was enough for me to figure it out that it was you.

i thought you seemed like a nice guy the other night, but this whole stalking me via the internet, facebook, google, boards etc has really creeped me out.
    if you try to contact my school i promise the guards will be invovled.

i have a hungry, angry german shepard at home so don't think of following me either.

ps: the number i gave you was fake anyways, 087 123 4567 is not my real number. creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

promethius wrote: »
    hey stig, it's me the girl from the bar so to speak, having read through the thread there was enough for me to figure it out that it was you.

i thought you seemed like a nice guy the other night, but this whole stalking me via the internet, facebook, google, boards etc has really creeped me out.
    if you try to contact my school i promise the guards will be invovled.

i have a hungry, angry german shepard at home so don't think of following me either.

ps: the number i gave you was fake anyways, 087 123 4567 is not my real number. creep.

Thank God, that morning in School, i saw you had a spring in your step, a glimmer in your eye and cum in your hair...i thought i had lost you....but now i know i have not.

P.S Was it question 1-10 or 5-10 that we had to do for homework?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

annettea wrote: »
    this sounds really weird... but.... type her name in google and her hometown maybe something will come up,,, she may not be on fb but she could be on something else,.

Actually I think you're spot on!

Most school teachers don't have FB as kids would be trying to look them up and find dirt on them but if she's a country lass chances are she's been involved in some sort of local activity that's been published in the weekly rag. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Find a phone directory. Look up her granda. Phone him, explain you really want to give her the ride but the taxi came too quick. (ha!) He'll help you out fer sure!

Real answer: Phone the school & ask for firstname or miss lastname. Just leave your firstname & phone no.
    If you dont hear back, wait three days & repeat.

She'll get back to you if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You know where she works and her name. Order some expensive flowers for her and leave a sealed envelope with the florist. Winner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

You should have just banged her last night. At least then you'd have an excuse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Call a hooker, if its meant to be it will be the girl you met at the bar. If its not you bang the hooker. Cant lose.

Advertisement