Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dating dilemma

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If you do meet her again forget about the small talk and take her back to your house and ride her silly...at least that way if you 'lose' her number again you will have got what you wanted and will have no need to meet her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Donna1973 wrote: »
    Do you resemble Matthew Mc Conaughey Stig?? If so I'll be your teacher;)

Your never Donna the grind giver are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Thanks nlbbbblth. I'm very much thinking along the same lines.

A few people mentioned ringing the school and leaving my contact details for her to get in touch with me. I'm not sure this would be a fantastic idea as I have a common enough name, she might assume I'm a parent or something and get a bit startled when she makes the call.

As I think I mentioned in my opening post I think (almost sure thats what she said) its her grandfather on her fathers side that from the parish next door to mine. I definately got the surname right and that and if it is her grandad on her fathers side then that will be her surname also. But if its her grandfather on her mothers side then I'm at a bit of a loss and for that matter will look a bit of a fool going into the school with a letter for somebody who does not exist there.

Other than that I hope its not between classes and shes in the corridor and spots me if and when I go into the school. She might not thank me too much for that either if there are students or other teachers around.

message with the receptionist is probably the safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Faolchu wrote: »
    or maybe just not adding the kids to your friends list could help.

apparently thats not enough! If they can find you then they can see anything thats public on your profile and you will also have hassle with kids asking why woun't you add me etc.

I know someone who is a teacher that was telling me all this sh*te that they have to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

How did people do it in the past without phones OP? They went and found the person they were after. Nothing wrong with that.

If you know where to find her then why worry about having to call her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

danniemcq wrote: »
    apparently thats not enough! If they can find you then they can see anything thats public on your profile and you will also have hassle with kids asking why woun't you add me etc.

I know someone who is a teacher that was telling me all this sh*te that they have to go through

then don't have anything public, lock down your profile. dont make posts to "friends and friends of friends" make them to friends only etc.

as for the kids saying why wont you add me, eh coz your not my Friend you're my student now **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Faolchu wrote: »
    then don't have anything public, lock down your profile. dont make posts to "friends and friends of friends" make them to friends only etc.

as for the kids saying why wont you add me, eh coz your not my Friend you're my student now **** off

They were my exact words at the time! she started saying something but she was quite annoying and i was drinking so i zoned out and stopped caring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Forget about her, she's only a slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

danniemcq wrote: »
    They were my exact words at the time! she started saying something but she was quite annoying and i was drinking so i zoned out and stopped caring

probably something along the lines of "oh the hassle of doing that" well if she's too lazy to lock it down then she cant complain when some 14 year old with a hard one is looking for pic of her on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Forget about her, she's only a slut.

Who the F*ck are you to degrade a woman you do not know.. :mad:

This type of **** sickens me

• Advertisement

lucylu wrote: »
    Who the F*ck are you to degrade a woman you do not know.. :mad:

This type of **** sickens me
    Eh, it's After Hours. Lighten up, politics.ie this way>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Eh, it's After Hours. Lighten up, politics.ie this way>>>>>>>

Yes it is After Hours not the Chauvinist sexist ignoramus Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

This is the forum where they like to blast everything with piss....i wouldnt be inclined to take it seriously....you'd go mad if you did

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Look for the school website! Nearly all schools have very good websites now! If she is involved in any extra cirricular activities (;)), like sports, there will be pictures on the website with her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

I love that forum. Free sandwiches made for you all day while you browse, or so I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Have a look on LinkedIn she might be on that if not on facebook

If she's a teacher she won't be on LinkedIn.

If you know her first name and where she works it's really simple - just ring up and ask to speak to her or leave a message for her. Ring at lunchtime so she's not in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Hi all,

Hoping ye can provide me with a bit of direction and perhaps some ideas following on from my encounter last Thursday night.

Will try to cut a long story as short as possible. I was out with my work mates for dinner and a few drinks after. I left them early to meet up with a college friend for a few pints. Town was pretty quiet and we were in the beer garden of a bar when we got chatting to a few girls. Both were nice and outgoing.

We all hung around together for the rest of the night and went to a late bar together. They told us quiet a lot about themselves as I recall but a lot went in one ear and out the other with me. What I did recall was that they were both secondary school teachers.

Anyway, at chuck out time all four of us together decided to go back to my house as it was nearby and from there my friend could organise a taxi to his house and the two girls organise a taxi to their houses as they both lived near each other but quite a distance away. As we were waiting I got pretty close and friendly with one of the girls. Didn't go the whole hog or anything but got to know each other pretty well all the same. Although tired and hardly able to keep my eyes open I was pretty shocked as didn't think whe would have gave me a second glance really.

Their taxi came pretty quick and as they were leaving I asked her for her number which she called out to me at about 100mph. I had it on my scratchpad but stupidly deleted it from it just as quick and they were gone in the taxi as soon as I realised. Was fit to kick myself.

Anyhow, Im just looking for a way to possibly get in contact with her again and hook up. She most likely thinks I just didn't bother contacting her again which is not the case.

Anyhow, I do recall her mentioning to me that she had consins in the parish next to my home place. She said their surname and her grandfathers surname. I am almost sure she said on her fathers side but not 100% certain. If they are on her fathers side then that would be her own surname also but if on her mothers side obviously not.

Her christian name is quite unusual. I looked to see if she was on facebook but no joy. I didn't remember the name of the school but my friend did.

The only other avenue open to me is maybe drop a note in a sealed envelope into the school in which she works...put Miss..... (what I think is her surname on the envelope). Mentioned this idea to two people. One told me to go for it and the other (guy I was with when we met the girls) said not to as it might freak her out and she may even call the Guards. Me...I'm just not sure. I'm not the most decisive person and both are swaying my thoughts very strongly in one direction or the other.

The other option is to hit the same pub we met it again tomorrow night in the hope they might be there. My friend said he'd join me but I think the chances of them being out are slim enough as they mentioned they very seldom be out in that particular town. Not sure if I've any other options open to me.

Sorry for being a bit cryptic but would like to remain anonymous. Also, I know its often said her pics or GTFO. Genuienly don't have any snaps, not a facebook person, wasn't taking photos.:)

Any help or ideas appreciated. In particular is it a good idea or not to drop a letter in a sealed envelope in with the secretaty of her school to give to her?

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

If it's sexist then I must be a man. Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

send a bunch of flowers address to her school for miss .....

put your number in the note. Less stalky

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Oh my god don't do this, she will run a mile!!!!
    My friend is in a school where some guy had rang every school in the area looking for a blonde teacher he met out one night. Everyone thought it was her, luckily she wasn't in the county that wknd.

It got us talking and we all agreed that it would be freaky....
    ( maybe leaving a note with secretary might work but I'd try the pub again first )

It turned out it the suitor was after the big blonde strapping Maths teacher, Mr O' Keefe, who foolishly thought Timotei was unisex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theirishstig

Thanks for yer replies since all. Some of them are very amusing and put a grin on my face. I found The King of Moo and WollyRedHat's idea for the next Hollywood blockbuster particularly funny. One thing though...If something does materialise I personally want to receive some form of gratuity too as I opened the thread after all...

As usual there were some snide comments but I know thats to be expected in the AfterHours forum. I'm pretty thick skinned anyway, sticks and stones and all that. For the record she was a genuienly nice and reserved kind of girl. Its not like we got properly down and dirty or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theirishstig

Donna1973 wrote: »
    Do you resemble Matthew Mc Conaughey Stig?? If so I'll be your teacher;)

Checked him up in Google images. I don't look like Mc Conaughey at all, I'm not cosmopolitan enough or something to look like him. I'd be down the funky hair style too.

More to the point are you qualified to teach?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donna1973

Checked him up in Google images. I don't look like Mc Conaughey at all, I'm not cosmopolitan enough or something to look like him. I'd be down the funky hair style too.

More to the point are you qualified to teach?;)

I'm not Donna the grind giver alas. Just as well cos I'm not into 17yr old boys lol

I really hope you meet up with the teacher again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Thanks for yer replies since all. Some of them are very amusing and put a grin on my face. I found The King of Moo and WollyRedHat's idea for the next Hollywood blockbuster particularly funny. One thing though...If something does materialise I personally want to receive some form of gratuity too as I opened the thread after all...

As usual there were some snide comments but I know thats to be expected in the AfterHours forum. I'm pretty thick skinned anyway, sticks and stones and all that. For the record she was a genuienly nice and reserved kind of girl. Its not like we got properly down and dirty or anything like that.

Don't worry, we love you! Hope you'll find her, let us know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Last day of school before the long weekend, have you a got a plan for today ?

Next week is too late.

Advertisement