Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Blanket Recommendations?

• 14-03-2012 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have two big boxer dogs and often have another one or two in the car as well.

Naturally, the back seat of my car is destroyed with dog hair. I've bought dog blankets that cover the back seats and the back of the front seats, but because the dogs are big and heavy, the straps that fit around the headrests of the front seats broke very quickly.

I'd like to find something similar, but with strong straps/clips/whatever that the boxers won't break.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I don't know if it'll be any use to you, but tomorrow LIDL are getting in a couple of dog blankets & car seat covers. I have no idea what the quality is like, but it might be worth checking out- I like the look of the blanket anyway. I don't think there's much you can do with the strength of the straps on the other style unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I don't think there's much you can do with the strength of the straps on the other style unfortunately.

You get what you pay for with these imo. We went thru 3 of the cheap aldi ones then in a moment of madness/frustration I got an expensive one on zooplus - it's much much stronger and had boards in it to bridge the gap between the seats. My jeep is quite big and the cheaper covers were just too small - there wasn't enough slack in them and he was standing with his front paws in the gap so pushing down on the cover all the time if that makes sense?
    He sits in the boot since we started using the ramp but I flipped the cover around to line the boot ;)
    We have this one - http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/car_seat_mats/129694

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That one looks fantastic :eek: didn't even THINK they might make them that strong! I'm impressed, must pick me up one of those, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garethbzg

another user of the bridge car seat,fantastic product!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

That one looks fantastic :eek: didn't even THINK they might make them that strong! I'm impressed, must pick me up one of those, thanks!

If there's a maxi zoo near you they sell a lot of the same stuff as zooplus - you might be able to take a look at one there. I always check zooplus on my phone before I buy anything there - sometimes the price difference is crazy so I buy on zooplus - if I can wait lol:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

That blanket looks awesome! Thanks!

Advertisement