Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when is 37degrees gym opening loughrea?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

when is the new gym opening does anybody know?? or does anyone know of another gym?
    thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Haven't head when, so I would say your best bet is to give them a call, I think it is the people who run the gym in the rugby club that are opening this one, could be wrong on that though

http://thirtysevendegrees.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I don't know - last time I looked the signage all said "opening soon".
    I must admit I was surprised to see a gym opening - I would have thought of this as a Celtic Tiger luxury that people just can't afford any more.
    If they do classes on a "pay as you go" basis I might join one of them, but I definitely wouldn't have the money to be paying for membership.
    I hope it does well because it's always good to see a small local business thrive, but I'd have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Al0502

It's not really a "new gym". It's the one that is in the Rugby club relocating to a new building. So they already have a membership list

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

I sent them an e-mail about a month ago asking for approx opening date. As of today there is still no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

yes i looked them up its fitness 2000 but with a new name or franchise lol.. id say its better opening in loughrea and not where they are as they are a bit out etc .. all i see are signs that say "opening soon" it is soo annoying and i keep going on their website for a date.. and went to see their building and guys u should see it, it is probably not going to open for a very long time :) and i cant get into the fitness 2000 website as they changed it to 37degrees..
    thank you for your replys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Studioage

37degrees is opening this Thursday, 14th Jun. Can't wait to train there. I saw it a few weeks ago. Pure luxury!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Studioage wrote: »
    37degrees is opening this Thursday, 14th Jun. Can't wait to train there. I saw it a few weeks ago. Pure luxury!!

That is brilliant! I will definitely be in asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

I just looked at their website. they are opening on Friday. It says membership is 399 for an individual and 699 for a couple. This is extremely high, its just a gym..no swimming pool

I just looked at their website. they are opening on Friday. It says membership is 399 for an individual and 699 for a couple. This is extremely high, its just a gym..no swimming pool
    I saw that too, too much for me as a student, oh well I will stick to Athenry!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

There is 6 of us waiting to join but with a rate of 399 we are going to Athenry.

• Advertisement

There is 6 of us waiting to join but with a rate of 399 we are going to Athenry.
    My friend told me you can pay monthly which sounds reasonable but I think he is just guessing....I'm going in Thursday morning to enquire anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

why do people fall for this idea of paying monthly being better? its still the same amount! thats a ridiculous price and as some one said already, no swimming pool.

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    why do people fall for this idea of paying monthly being better? its still the same amount! thats a ridiculous price and as some one said already, no swimming pool.
    Because as a student if I have the money I can go to the gym if not I can't, I would never afford 400 quid in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

sorry I was away for the last week. If its monthly memberships fair enough, but I would think its 12 individual payments made every month to cover 1 years membership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

I haven't been in to the gym myself, but my boyfriend called in during the week, and was told they won't be accepting monthly payments.

I'm sticking with Athenry, not only do they accept monthly payments, they have a pool. 37degrees membership is far too high, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could be they're trying to rake in on the novelty.
    Once things slow down for them too, they'll offer monthly membership I suspect.

Advertisement