Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frosting/icing cheats new philly

Options
  • 14-03-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Discovered the chocolate Philadelphia..now wouldn't be my cup of tea but it has a tang to it a lot like sour cream frosting. Mixing it with a tablespoon or so of icing sugar and it could make a pretty nifty chocolate frosting. Anyone tried it yet?

Mascarpone mixed with a tablespoon of icing sugar, dash of milk and a tablespoon of Baileys Biscotti flavour is divine..anyone tried Baileys Biscottie yet as a flavouring it's sooo delish! Even nicer than the original.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Is it philly mixed with dairy milk though? Not really quality chocolate. Probably shouldn't dismiss it without tasting it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh it's just Cadburys chocolate so you don't get the depth of flavour you would with a good choc. but it'd do the job for kids parties etc. I made so much butter cream over the xmas that I'm sick of it now and it's a welcome cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I'd say it would be nice enough as a filling for sponge too. I'm a chocolate snob these days since tasting good stuff from aldi and lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

The Baileys biscotti sounds gorgeous! :D I looked in two off-licenses and Superquinn the other day and couldn't find it! They only had the original! Back on topic about the chocolate philly! It's defiantly a handy cupcake icing cheat!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yep, I've used the chocolate Philly when I was icing fairy cakes with my Nephew. It was nice. Not exactly the best icing ever but very handy when you're whipping up a few cakes with the kids!

• Advertisement
Advertisement