Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 11 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 24/03/12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

hey guys, hopeit all went well! Ended up unable to go due to slight financial issues, ended up in Belfast thatnks to a lift with chopper instead. Will defo try get down to an event over the summer, and i'd be interested in helping run one at some stage if needed, Sairus can vouch for my organisational skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I can't apologize enough to Sairus and everyone else involved for how salty I got today. It was completely out of character for me to slam my stick on the ground like I did and my behavior was unacceptable. I feel terrible for acting like a child and promise I won't do it again - the last thing I want to do is to be responsible for us losing access to the venue.

Don't worry about it, happens to us all.

Fine Tournament as usual. GGs to everyone I played and safe trip back to the States to the American chap I was talking to [sorry i didn't catch your name] :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brickterium

First tournament I've been to and I must say I had a blast, played some intense match aswell. Much respect to Sairus for organising such a great event and to everyone who attended and assisted.
    You can be sure to see me around for future Tempests.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Ya ggs to everyone was a good turn out and thanks to sairus for running all the Tempests !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Slept in and I missed it. Sounds like a barnstormer!! Results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cheers to y'all who came down. It was definitely a fun Tempest - twelve seems to be the minimum number for a proper good event. That gives three groups and the place always feels busy.
    Also, it was great to see the new faces! Welcome aboard and I hope we'll see you again!

Thanks to everyone who entered the raffle - there was a total of €140 raised in tickets sales so that'll definitely buy us a new monitor or something! :D There were a few Dublin names pulled, so I'll PM you all to let you pick your prizes.
    Shoutouts to WTFBenson and Valormeer for winning everything.

I'm just converting all the videos now before uploading, so they'll hopefully be up before the end of the night.

The final standings for the event were:

SSFIV

1st - Silver Steez
    2nd - Gouke
    3rd - Sairus (omg! I haven't won prize money in months!)
    4th - MM Speedhaak
    5th - Brickterium
    5th - Shokashi
    7th - Drago
    7th - WasterEx

SFxT

1st - Drago
    2nd - Silver Steez
    3rd - Vizard Anto
    4th - WTFBenson
    5th - Sairus
    5th - Shokashi
    7th - Misty Chaos
    7th - Valormeer

As I mentioned at the event, I'll get your medals to you as soon as I can, Steez, Gouke and Drago!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

hay fred, i have gone through my bag to put my monitor back in to my pc and i came across you vga cable mate

Also, for the love of God you people need to start bringing change with you. 9 out of 12 gave me twenties or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Shokashi wrote: »
    hay fred, i have gone through my bag to put my monitor back in to my pc and i came across you vga cable mate

Naw playa, I'm looking at my cable right here. Maybe it's Misty's or Sairus's?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

ok in that case sairus or misty please check if you have you vga cable because i seem to have one on me, there is an sticky barcode wrapping on it if that helps

• Advertisement

Shokashi wrote: »
    ok in that case sairus or misty please check if you have you vga cable because i seem to have one on me, there is an sticky barcode wrapping on it if that helps
    Yar, that's the Tempest VGA cable. I'll get it off you at next casuals or some such.

Advertisement