Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Meter Readers - how to identify them

Options
  • 14-03-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have recently seen a rather dubious character in my locality wearing what i would only call an old style ESB jacket - are all ESB meter readers given official uniforms that need to be worn at all times when on ESB business ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

ESB Networks read the meter.

ESB on the retail side are now eletric ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Apart from being dubious, has this person done anything untoward?

Was he wearing a "Donkey" jacket? If so call out the militia!

What exactly is the problem? Did the jacket have ESB Networks on it?

Meter Readers are self employed contractors and most certainly do not have ESB Networks uniforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ulick-magee,

I have been speaking with my colleagues in ESB Networks to see whether we in Electric Ireland can help you out with your query here on Boards.ie, but they advise the best thing for you to do for an issue like this would be to contact them directly. ESB Networks operate separately to us and do not have a presence on Boards.ie - here is their contact details page.

All the best :)
    Una

Advertisement