Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK to box in a consumer board?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Posting a question before I do this in the OM's house: There is the usual consumer board high up in the hallway, house about 10 years old, you can look up and see the front of the MCBs etc and there are complaints about the appearance of it.

I want to box this in, put a nice painted wood enclosure around it with a hinged door in front for access. The fuseboard is right up against the ceiling so I will just have a rectangular scallop out of the top piece of the box so it'll fit on no hassle.

Am I right in reckoning I won't be breaking any RECI rules doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

deandean wrote: »
    Posting a question before I do this in the OM's house: There is the usual consumer board high up in the hallway, house about 10 years old, you can look up and see the front of the MCBs etc and there are complaints about the appearance of it.

I want to box this in, put a nice painted wood enclosure around it with a hinged door in front for access. The fuseboard is right up against the ceiling so I will just have a rectangular scallop out of the top piece of the box so it'll fit on no hassle.

Am I right in reckoning I won't be breaking any RECI rules doing this?

If you just leave a rectangular slot out of the top of the wood enclosure, you might not be able to get the cover off the MCB board when the box is fitted around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If you just leave a rectangular slot out of the top of the wood enclosure, you might not be able to get the cover off the MCB board when the box is fitted around it.

See what you mean, the front of the board wouldn't come off then without removing the enclosure, well spotted. I'll make it 3-sided with no top. Thanks!

Advertisement