Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remis Cizauskas tattoo

Options
  • 14-03-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I have an appointment with Remis in May and I don't know what to get! I was originally going to get him to do my Sydney tattoo and had put a deposit down with him for that but then I got that done somewhere else in the meantime. So now I still have an appointment with him for May and a deposit paid. I don't want to waste it because he's so good!! I'm running out of time to decide what I want! He does really good portrait work but I don't want a portrait. I want to get something good seeing as I've waited over a year. I need ideas!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Hi,

I assume you've had a look at his galleries on facebook and I think he has another on deviant art. Might be a good place to get an idea though. If you're looking for something else on the Sydney theme how about something a little different - like the first boats to land in Sydney (I know Remis has done some nice work on boats in the last while).

Don't let the appointment go though. He does some great work and it's hard to get tattooed by him, I'm on the cancellation waiting list for my 4th appointment (20 hours so far, 4 more to finish) and I can't wait.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

You still have about two months, so don't panic too much :)

Just have a think about what you're interested in, anything that motivates or drives you in life, any experiences you want to document, or maybe something to symbolise a family member that means or meant a lot to you.

Also, you might be interested in the Skin City voucher I'm selling that would work for work done by Remis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Got a piece done myself by him recently he's an amazing artist and so professional. Must really get around to taking a photo of it, might throw it up here soon.

You've loads of time until May, so breath a little and just let it come to you. Maybe keep a pen and paper nearby so you can jot down ideas and you'll be surprised and what'll pop to mind.

With the Sydney theme, maybe you had an unforgetable experience while travelling there you could encorporate into it, or if you're Ozzie yourself, maybe get something to remember Ireland by?

Alot of people have had pets in their lives, maybe you could get something to remind you of them or ones long gone that you'll never forget.

Loadsa stuff to consider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Thanks guys! I'm Irish, spent a year in Australia and it was the best year of my life! Absolutely amazing experience so I got that tattoo to commemorate it. Think I'll go for something different and un-australia related this time though! Thanks for the input guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

I've seen some of remis work, i personally i think based on what ive seen that, the sacrifice he makes for the whole realism look, is tattoo longevity. I have spoken to numerous tattooist and even people who have tattoos by him, and they are in agreement. Not bashing his work or anything, his work is definitely the best realism in Ireland, just dont expect the tattoo to stay the same as when you get it.

• Advertisement

I'm curious.

Could you be a bit more specific.
    How do you mean that the tattoo doesn't stay the same over a period of time?

Just found out I have an exam the day of my appointment with Remis!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I cancel I'll probably have to wait another year!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just found out I have an exam the day of my appointment with Remis!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I cancel I'll probably have to wait another year!!! :(

Ouch :mad::mad::mad:, maybe theres some way you could reschedule?

Im on the waiting list myself havent even managed to get a booking yet, does anyone know once you get a booking do you get preference for your next sitting? The tattoo I have in mind will take 2 to 3 sittings im thinking.

I really hope there is without having to wait another year!

• Advertisement

I really hope there is without having to wait another year!

Best of luck man, I can only iamgine how frustrating it would be, hopefully he can sort something out for you.

I really hope so! Gurrr damn exams!!!

I'd say you'd be able to re-schedule no bother. When my appointment was coming up, they rang me twice saying they had had a cancellation if I wanted to bring my appointment forward.

Life gets in the way sometimes and things have to be re-scheduled, shouldn't be an issue. Just give em a ring, they'll understand, nice staff in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I have an appointment with him on June 18th which I can no longer go to. I have yet to cancel it, so maybe we could work something out with him where you can take my appointment.

Would you be interested in swapping?? Mine is on 8th May?

He's gonna fit me in after my exam :) Yay!!! Only 5 weeks now, can't wait!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

What's the best way to make an appointment with remis, phone/call in or email?

I emailed a query to him detailing my idea and where I'd like the tattoo. He answered it should be no problem and to call into the shop when I had time so he could see where I wanted it so he had a better idea of placement, size, shape, etc.

So best option is to drop him a call/email and say you'll pop in to see him. Just so he knows you're coming and that he'd be in the shop ;)

How log should one be expecting to be on his waiting list? I emailed him and he said he was fully booked till August but did like the sound of my idea and would be in touch when he was taking bookings again that was Feb 29th its something I want him to do because I think his skills at portraits suit it perfectly.

I had a seven month wait for him. Booked in July last year and got it this past Feb.
    But if he's into your idea, he might just give you a call if one of his appointments cancels/fall through ;)

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I had a seven month wait for him. Booked in July last year and got it this past Feb.
    But if he's into your idea, he might just give you a call if one of his appointments cancels/fall through ;)

thanks yeh I dont mind waiting a year or more if i have to hes the one I want to do it after putting a lot of thougt into it I decided on hes the one I want, its being on the waiting list that killing me, once I get a date to aim for ill be happy :).

You said it was Feb when you enquired, have you called back since? Sometimes human error can account for lack of communication so keep onto him and the shop every few weeks so you stay fresh in their heads ;)

Always nice to get a date so the count down can begin ;)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    You said it was Feb when you enquired, have you called back since? Sometimes human error can account for lack of communication so keep onto him and the shop every few weeks so you stay fresh in their heads ;)

Always nice to get a date so the count down can begin ;)

No wel i as emailing Remis, it was feb 29 th and he did say it would be a month or two at the earliest before id hear anything about a booking date so ill give him another week or two before I make contact again. But thanks for the advice.

:D that exactly i want to be able to set a reminder and watch the days dwindle away :), then start over again because it will take a few sittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I emailed him about 2 weeks ago and he said it would be September before he takes any new bookings. Not ideal for me as I really need to get the last one he did retouched.Not sure who else to go to though..
    No wel i as emailing Remis, it was feb 29 th and he did say it would be a month or two at the earliest before id hear anything about a booking date so ill give him another week or two before I make contact again. But thanks for the advice.

:D that exactly i want to be able to set a reminder and watch the days dwindle away :), then start over again because it will take a few sittings.

Got it yesterday...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What kind of money does Remis charge? Could someone with a piece done by him let me know(By PM if preferred)

150 per hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What is his pace like when tattooing? How long did your rose take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Must have gone up since I was last worked on by him. My two pieces were charged at 100 an hour.

• Advertisement

3 hours

Advertisement