Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen car

• 14-03-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

HI all.
    Just wondering if anyone can help. My sisters car was stolen today from Henry Street in Limerick :mad:, it is a 95 nissan micra, dark green 3 door, and its a 95 G reg, will find out number asap.
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

was recovered in Southill, joyriders were just about to burn it when Gardai found them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Hopefully without too much damage done to it, glad to hear it has been recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 misswhat

Sorry to hear that. Glad they found it! Not the first time cars have been stolen and taken out there, and certainly won't be the last.

They feel the need to brag about this sick "sport" of South hill you could nearly call it, that they put it up on youtube from time to time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRwm0H-KSYM
    Like I said, glad your sisters car was found before they had a chance to burn it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

jimbooth wrote: »
    was recovered in Southill, joyriders were just about to burn it when Gardai found them

There are times when the gardai get a tough time on here, some of it may be justified but in this case it shows they can be there when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

phog wrote: »
    There are times when the gardai get a tough time on here, some of it may be justified but in this case it shows they can be there when you need them.

Where were they when the car was stolen on the street where the main garda station is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

phog wrote: »

Where were they when the car was stolen on the street where the main garda station is?

Henry Street runs from Alphonsus Street Sarsfield Street, it can be a few minutes drive from one end to the other. And takes about 10 minutes to walk it.

Yes the Garda divisional HQ is on Henry street, but it is one building on one block on a street that runs for 8 blocks!

And even if that wasn't true, Gardai don't sit in the station waiting for something to happen, they're out and about patrolling a district that covers as far out as Clonlara, Cratloe and Castleconnell. So it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

There are a number of members left in the station but they're on posts that they cannot leave. The divisional communication room takes up three members, then you have the public office and the jailer. You then have supervisory staff and the officers. Everyone else will be out patrolling and taking calls from the communications room.

It's easy to put an organisation down when you don't know how it works.

By the way I'm not a Garda, I was, once but am not anymore. I tell you this so you may know that I am speaking from experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I suppose you think they were eating doughnuts :rolleyes:.

I remember a time when their own cars were tampered with while parked down Mill Lane, they cant be everywhere.

Advertisement