Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mushrooms

Options
  • 14-03-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

anybody used mushroom growing kits or grew them any other way?

i'd like to give it a try

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

radiat wrote: »
    anybody used mushroom growing kits or grew them any other way?

i'd like to give it a try

yes bought the kit in aldi 4 weeks ago i did get 5 or 6 mushrooms not KGs out of the box not a great return for my fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

kerryted wrote: »

yes bought the kit in aldi 4 weeks ago i did get 5 or 6 mushrooms not KGs out of the box not a great return for my fiver

same here. I got 4 mushrooms initially. Nothing after that and no multiple harvests either as the box states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

You can get mushroom spores from some garden shops and on ebay fairly handy.
    Dig in some well rotted manure and dig in lots of straw or wood based products, bark, woodchip sweepings - think cellulose.

Spread the spores over the base and turn in gently, cover with newspaper and keep moist. I cover mine with a fish box to exclude light.

More details on growing on the blog.

At Dangan garden centre in Galway I picked up a pack of white button mushroom spore for 6.80

Advertisement