Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall hung tv unit

Options
  • 14-03-2012 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭

Hey folks would appreciate your advice on this.

Am looking for a wall hung tv unit for a 42" television in a living room and have seen nothing in any furniture shops so am thinking of going down the custom route. Basically am looking for something modern looking (probably in oak) that will wrap around the tv and hold a sky box, dvd etc and allow for the wires to go neatly behind it or be hidden.

Basically looking for design ideas at the mo and a rough ballpark (I know its a bit like asking hom long is a piece of string) cost that I would be looking at.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Hey folks would appreciate your advice on this.

Am looking for a wall hung tv unit for a 42" television in a living room and have seen nothing in any furniture shops so am thinking of going down the custom route. Basically am looking for something modern looking (probably in oak) that will wrap around the tv and hold a sky box, dvd etc and allow for the wires to go neatly behind it or be hidden.

Basically looking for design ideas at the mo and a rough ballpark (I know its a bit like asking hom long is a piece of string) cost that I would be looking at.

Thanks for reading

You will pick a wall mounted TV unit in Ikea for not alot of euros.

Many styles and colours to choose from.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Thanks Paddy - had considered IKEA and have used their stuff before but wanted something different for this job hence thinking of the custom job.

Was thinking of something along these lines in oak/ash - not a reproduction of this but gives an idea of what I'm talking about. doimoidea-tv-stand-virgola-black.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Thanks Paddy - had considered IKEA and have used their stuff before but wanted something different for this job hence thinking of the custom job.

Was thinking of something along these lines in oak/ash - not a reproduction of this but gives an idea of what I'm talking about. doimoidea-tv-stand-virgola-black.jpg

I can make you something like this no problem at all if you would like?

Advertisement