Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops being stolen

Options
  • 14-03-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

Hey, just to let everyone know a few laptops were stolen in both the Bolton Street library and Kevin Street library today and over the last few days.
    Two were taken this morning in the Bolton street library.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Jesus christ. You'd think you'd be able to trust fellow students to not rob your laptop while you run to get a book or print something off.

I regularly leave my laptop on the table for a couple of mins at a time. Luckily nothing has happened to it, but I'll be keeping a closer eye on it in future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ByJove

Thanks for the info. I recommend that people install detective software such as Prey to find your laptop if the worst happens.

http://panel.preyproject.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I regularly leave my laptop on the table for a couple of mins at a time. Luckily nothing has happened to it, but I'll be keeping a closer eye on it in future!

to be fair though its probably a piece of junk - what are we talking - 64MB RAM windows 95 233Mhz ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

john47832 wrote: »

to be fair though its probably a piece of junk - what are we talking - 64MB RAM windows 95 233Mhz ??
    Windows 2000 actually, just got it new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I feel really sorry for people who lose their thesis work after their laptop is stolen. Having the laptop stolen is bad enough but to lose your work is sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I feel really sorry for people who lose their thesis work after their laptop is stolen. Having the laptop stolen is bad enough but to lose your work is sickening.

theses are phd students!! should be smart enough to backup

Advertisement