Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRA/Fenian memorials/graves in the Drogheda area

Options
  • 15-03-2012 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Anyone know the locations of any of these?

I'd like to pay my respects this easter. Only memorial I know of is the Hunger Striker one beside the Bridge of Peace but I'm sure there are more.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The cross at Wierhope (see pic below), just under the Viaduct bridge (and opposite the small "T" shaped Wierhope estate there) was the last place this year SF and co held a memorial. Local SF will help you out no bother if your still stuck.
    For example, chat to a chap called Dom Wilton in "The Green Man" barbers on Peters St (here) if your further stuck.
    If that fails, try contacting a Danny (and Ruth) Churchill in Father McCooey Terrace, Cloghterhead.
    They will know also.

capture32g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The National graves associations website is here:> http://www.nga.ie/

National graves is non-party,non-denomonational.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Advertisement