Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creepy/abandoned building in tallaght

Options
  • 15-03-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Ok do this has been bugging me for a while
    There's this creepy building a few minutes up the
    Road from the old mill heading towards bohernabreena
    It's off to the side of the road and covered in pentagrams
    Can anyone tell me what it is/used to be?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That might be the Hellfire Club you're referring to.

IMG_3672_hellfire_dog500_bw.jpg

Another thread about it here.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Nah man not the hellfire club, it's only a few minutes up the road at the old mill

"A picture paints a thousand words"

(Ye could do with a photo of it ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Is it after st. Anne gaa club or up the hill towards glenasmol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I've just spent 10 minutes looking for it on google maps, I suggest you do the same op and get us a picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Bohernabreena&hl=en&ll=53.263087,-6.36404&spn=0.000871,0.002642&sll=53.261568,-6.454382&sspn=0.027878,0.117245&oq=bohern&t=h&hnear=Bohernabreena,+County+Dublin&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.263239,-6.364452&panoid=If8LTk_PhcG2uzOHVPZE6w&cbp=12,130.97,,0,-0.24

I think this might be it. Pity I'm still so crap at adding images to posts!! If anyone would like to do a better job than me, feel free!

Looks to me like it's just an old bungalow with a tin shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Legend has is it that a wicked little creature known as 'Nikita' of tallafornia fame was born there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

gwjones42 wrote: »
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Bohernabreena&hl=en&ll=53.263087,-6.36404&spn=0.000871,0.002642&sll=53.261568,-6.454382&sspn=0.027878,0.117245&oq=bohern&t=h&hnear=Bohernabreena,+County+Dublin&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.263239,-6.364452&panoid=If8LTk_PhcG2uzOHVPZE6w&cbp=12,130.97,,0,-0.24

I think this might be it. Pity I'm still so crap at adding images to posts!! If anyone would like to do a better job than me, feel free!

Looks to me like it's just an old bungalow with a tin shed!

I cycled along that road about an hour ago and although that building looks eerie there are no visible pentagrams on it from what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

It was were all the dead sheep and cows went to get the stuff that makes belts and shoes and also coats were made from sheeps wool......Don't know the correct name for the building but my dad used to work there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There was an abbatoir up that way but it was closer to Tallaght and on the other side of the road, if that's what you're thinking of ?

• Advertisement

I cycled along that road about an hour ago and although that building looks eerie there are no visible pentagrams on it from what I saw

I also cycled up there on Sunday morning going towards the water works, That house has been like that for a good few yrs now. I know a guy from that area and Ill ask him does he know anything about the house.

I also cycled up there on Sunday morning going towards the water works, That house has been like that for a good few yrs now. I know a guy from that area and Ill ask him does he know anything about the house.

Well the front is poorly fenced off with one of those construction metal fences. Theres another house about 20m beside it which appears to be on the same land which is being lived in so it may have been a case of simply a son or daughter not maintaining the old family home when the parents died and they lived beside them. I've no idea tbh, just guessing though.

I should have added that it looks as if the house has been set on fire at some stage and the roof has collasped.

Speaking of creepy buildings in Tallaght. Does anyone have any idea whats happening with this thing?

http://wicklowcountywalks.com/images2/DMW/DMW9/HD/DSCN7315.JPG

There appears to be no real house there but loads of timber and corrugated sheets. On the front is wooden carvings of old pre decimal Irish coins. Out of picture there is also a quite ornate old gate and what appears to be some sort of small treehouse.

Its up behind the national school at Glenasmole. Think the townland name is Piperstown.

Edit. De-embedded image as its huge.

photo.php?fbid=327151824015858&set=p.327151824015858&type=1&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__user=100001631280835

I don't know if that link'll work

Tell me if you can see that pic, it's an old pic, it's covered in graffiti and pentagrams now

Cant see it

I remember hearing weird animal sounds from there when I was younger
    Was always too terrified to go near it :P

Speaking of creepy buildings in Tallaght. Does anyone have any idea whats happening with this thing?

http://wicklowcountywalks.com/images2/DMW/DMW9/HD/DSCN7315.JPG

There appears to be no real house there but loads of timber and corrugated sheets. On the front is wooden carvings of old pre decimal Irish coins. Out of picture there is also a quite ornate old gate and what appears to be some sort of small treehouse.

Its up behind the national school at Glenasmole. Think the townland name is Piperstown.

Edit. De-embedded image as its huge.

How exactly do you get there? I'd love to check it out

• Advertisement

How exactly do you get there? I'd love to check it out

If you're coming from Tallaght its the left turn after the Glenasmole national school. I would recommend walking up the road as its not suitable for parking cars on, too narrow. Its about 10 minutes walk up the road

Thanks, :D

That place used to be a slaughter house up until about 15/20 yrs ago,then it was a builders recycling company. For the last number of yrs its being empty. There was planning permission to build a nursing home on the site but it was refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

That first photo of the house was a perfectly good house until the hill behind it had a land slip. It slipped down and practically hit the house. It was unstable and short of moving the hill, it was effectively written off. The house was made uninhabitable deliberately - probably for insurance reasons.

That place used to be a slaughter house up until about 15/20 yrs ago,then it was a builders recycling company. For the last number of yrs its being empty. There was planning permission to build a nursing home on the site but it was refused.

I heard rumours that it used to be a slaughterhouse, it seems a bit small though

Has anyone been there?

Has anyone been there?
    I pass by it when I visit the graveyard also when cycling towards the lakes. It's been empty for the last few yrs.

Advertisement