Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hope to see/do in Grand Theft Auto V??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

More GTA IV style storyline that affects the world around me.
    GTA SA madness that affects the world around me.

I reckon this will head that way, with mental options being an option but it will realisticaly punish you in the game world.

Set piece shootouts will become normal, COD 19 has the title of best selling day 1 game .....for GTA to get it back it will need to cater to the SA and IV fans and the game engine is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

penev10 wrote: »
    What I hope to see:
    - Variety in missions, not just following an arrow, click X to do soemthing, follow arrow again - Mission Complete
    - Gun fights that are up to scratch with current gen standard
    - More interactivity, not just one of 3 types of shop every 8 square miles
    - Mini games that are better than a flash game c.1996
    - Likeable characters
    - less pandering to pubescent oiks

What I expect to see:
    • Endlessly repetitive missions
    • Horribly simplistic shooting mechanics
    • Attritional shoot outs with a queue of goons pushed towards you by retarded AI
    • Everything renamed with irksome puns
    • Tiresome toilet humour
    • "Adult" dialogue (i.e what seems edgy to a 13 year old chav)
    • The abilty to do "cool" things like take drugs, steal shopping trolleys and urinate on beggars

You sound far too sophisticated to enjoy a GTA game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

One thing needed in GTA V is Checkpoints in missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Time travel and zombies - games these days dont have enough time travel and zombies.

The game need also twists like half way through the game you find out who your father is.

Bosses too - after defeating the mafia you then have to do sword battle with some half man half God to the death.

Maybe some new type of crime missions like insider trading & copy right infringement.

Finally I'd like horses - I would really love to take down mob bosses, assassinate mayors and commit bank robberies whilst on a horse.

And some horse armour to help out when the po-po get all up in your face...

I'd prefer if half way through it the world ended and it goes all post-apocalyptic. THEN you find out the rotten corpse you've been bbq'ing over a burning vespa is actually your father.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

An actual playable PC version that isn't horrificly ported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Maybe some new type of crime missions like insider trading & copy right infringement.

Am i the only one who actually sees some promise with something like this? Imagine it was something a little like the research management in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Between each level you go through menus and allocate people to different parts of your base, send some out for missions, and get rewards and unlock new items. So, in GTA 6 in between missions, you would interact with your own gang, sending them out on raids or drive bys or robberies, or you could use your computer to try to recruit credit card hackers, giving them money to set up with the hope of them eventually stealing money fro, eventually building up to getting someone who can hack into the feds and reduce your wanted level on the fly...
    Done well (keep it very quick and simple), it could add some easy to use but deep content to the game.
    Finally I'd like horses - I would really love to take down mob bosses, assassinate mayors and commit bank robberies whilst on a horse.

Horses would be actually be pretty bad ass. They could be tactical too, they could traverse uneven territory (like a thick forest) a lot better than a motorbike or car (they can hop over logs and ditches instead of having to find away around).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A great mini-game that can earn you money like the poker in red dead, or the drug dealing in Chinatown wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just basically a modern Vice City in a San Andreas size world would be epic.

And preferably a savage cast of voice actors, bring on Robert DeNiro as a mob boss, Morgan Freeman as an Illusive Man type character, Jim Carey as a crazy guy...

Oh, and the ability to be the richest person by the end of the game. I think that's part of what made Vice City epic, at the end you were basically a god!

• Site Banned Posts: 76 ✭✭RXMPS

Planes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CarlsBurg

Hell, I must of played nearly every GTA game ... The missions get so repetitive the more GTA games you play (follow, chase, kill etc etc)

So I say:
    • Better missions. I understand it might add to developmental time. But its been 4 years since the last GTA and its not like Rockstar doesnt have the finances or resources.
    • More to do in the city besides missions. As evident in GTA4 Rockstar was trying to add more than the usual police or taxi side missions. I say just add more.
    But basically, there has been alot of GTA games so far. Its time to nudge the franchise along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Theshooter2012

bring a lot of things from GTA San Andraes that they left out of gta 4 like country, lorries, hydrolics in cars, monster trucks, car modification, Better clothes selection ya know the kind of things you can spend 5 minutes on over and over again.

BETTER AI aswell cops on gta 4 were crap they just drove past you if you met them and then your gone when they turn around. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I want to play as Chuck Norris riding around on the back of T-Rex. Other than that I would like tighter shooting mechanics, more diverse range of vehicles and the ability to turn off the mobile phone when my cousin calls me.

on edit: I think there are definite lessons to be learned form Red Dead Redemption. I never really got bored tired of that game in the same way as GTAIV wore me out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

the ability to spend money and customise,There's no point in having $100000000 at the end of the game without anything to spend it on other than burgers and car repaints.

A car dealership would be pretty cool too where you could buy "exotic" cars that you can't get on the street.

Advertisement