Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Jeans Brand?

• 15-03-2012 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Who in your opinion makes best men jeans? I like some G-Star, Levis and Nudie jeans. Zara too is alright.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Penneys, Dunnes & Tesco ain't too bad either:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Diesel all the way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

For hard wearing and denim quality I'd say G-Star, I like Levis too, but they tend to rip after a while, especially in the crotch/ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Levis and Wranglers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

I think it depends what suits you. I love Mustang (are they sold anywhere in Ireland?). They have styles I like and great fit for my figure. Even River Island can be good sometimes. I think it's best to be open minded about brands and try as many as possible and then you see which one suits you best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I love GAP jeans, for some reason they just fit me perfect and I love the fact they do widths and lengths really well. Always have great offers on too online and in store! I got two pairs in January for €20, and each cost 74 before sale! Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

Replay and Diesel are my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It really does depend on what suits you.

I love French Connection. Their jeans always fit me perfect. I hate jeans the rise very low. I like to bend down without people seeing my underwear, thanks!

Some styles of Topshop are nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Nudie jeans are a great brand. And can't forget the classic Levi's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭EarlyStorms

It depends how much your willing to spend and how serious you take your denim but my favourite brands would be LVC(Levis Vintage) APC, Edwin, Samurai. Albam does great jeans for the money too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Hugo Boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

As others have said, it really depends on what fits! I love the styles in Next but the fit can be hit and miss for me, and I'm pretty tough on jeans so they get worn out! For durability but more plain styles, Gap gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Topshop have been my go too for every type of jean. Also recently got some Miss Selfridge ones and have to say very happy with them. i never liked the fit of Gap jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Levis jeans are fantastic for lasting, and if you get a good fit... sorted!

Gap jeans are nice too, but I tend to feel like they aren't worth the price.

Dunnes do some lovely jeans (surprisingly) but they wouldn't last years or anything. They tend to shrink a little on the first wash too, not as much as Pennies jeans, but after that they are good to go. I have ripped a few pairs on the crotch but when they are only €12 it's not a big deal. If you buy their more expensive jeans, they do last and you'd swear they were more expensive than what you paid!

Miss Sixty jeans are nice for non curvy ladies - I have a proper arse (hourglass shape) so they don't look very good on me but they do look brill on some other women I know without the ample ass/hips combo. If you have slighter hips, they really are lovely jeans.

Pennies and Heatons jeans are crap, they shrink and fade with each wash and they are not built to last at all - many a torn ass or crotch has resulted in quite a few binned (not old) jeans.

(yes, I wear a lot of jeans!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Love G-Star but you do really pay for the quality you get.
    I find Awear and Next perfect for jeans for me these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Pull and bear and river island for my man.

Zara are too long for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I have two pairs of Tommy Hilfiger and a pair of Salsa jeans which I love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I don't really have the budget to go for higher end stuff but I did get one pair of Hilfigers and they were the best fitting jeans I have ever owned.

Advertisement