Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying Tactics and Excessive Modding by hussey

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I received a warning from a moderator called hussey on the following thread after he implied that I was a racist. This is after he edited my posts and his own to put him in good light after I challenged him on his own posts. He then deleted a few of my other posts for no good reason other than to cover his tracks.

I am not impressed with his blatant attempt at twisting words and directing the thread in a certain way to suit a certain agenda. There is no good reason for him to spoil a thread by making assumptions and then when challenged abusing his power as moderator because he doesn't like what I say.

I rarely use this forum because it is clear that there is a form of bullying that goes on by moderators whenever someone makes controversial remarks which seems to make some people uncomfortable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056575889
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mods/Admin, please have a look at any history or deleted posts in that forum.

After it came to light that an Englishman posted the original message, I asked the thread not to start labelling Australians as racist, as that's where the thread was going (and we've had many times)
    I just so happened to post after dStar, he took offence and thought I targeted him, I didn't, if I did I would have quoted or mentioned him.

He started to argue on thread, so I deleted his post and told him via PM to 1) PM other Mods if he had a problem, 2) if didn't get anywhere to open a feedback thread.

he then accused me of wrongly editing my post - Again Mod/Admin can see this didn't happen, so I gave him a warning for ignoring my 'don't argue with moderation decisions on thread' and also falsely accusing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dSTAR, be advised that as Category Moderator for the Rec category I can view all deleted posts, edits, etc.

I have reviewed that thread including the deleted posts and edits, and there is no evidence whatsoever for your accusations below:
    dSTAR wrote: »
    ... after he implied that I was a racist. This is after he edited my posts and his own to put him in good light after I challenged him on his own posts. He then deleted a few of my other posts for no good reason other than to cover his tracks.

While the post has been edited, the wording in each iteration of the edited post is:
    hussey wrote: »
    ... so why are people tarring Australians with the racist brush?"
    There is no implication that you are either one of those "tarring Australians with the racist brush" or that you yourself are racist.

Now, it is possible that you misread it the first time, but you have now been told by Hussey, by another poster who was online and by me that if so you were in fact mistaken. Time to take it on board, perhaps?

As to deleted posts, they were deleted because you continued to take the thread off-topic and to argue with a mod on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

While the post has been edited, the wording in each iteration of the edited post is: There is no implication that you are either one of those "tarring Australians with the racist brush" or that you yourself are racist.
    Is it possible that when a mod edits for a second time that original post as it stood as well as the first edit is lost?

I am happy to let things go but I just don't like his 'big stick' approach and what I perceived as singling me out. This seems to happen whenever controversial opinions are posted and mods feel it is there right to attack the poster rather than discussing what has been raised.

I have said to him in a private email that he needs to lift his game because I am not some pushover that will be bullied by a mod abusing his 'power'.

It is probably better that mods refrain from making stupid remarks in threads if they are going to get all precious when someone calls them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dSTAR wrote: »
    Is it possible that when a mod edits for a second time that original post as it stood as well as the first edit is lost?
    I said "each iteration of the edited post" for a reason ... all iterations are recorded.

Tbh, dSTAR, I see two people attempting to moderate that thread, and only one has been asked by the Admins to take on that task.

Thread has been taken off-course, is just flame-baiting and arguing and point-scoring at this stage ... or should I say "it was", as I have just stepped in and locked it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Locking it down was the best course of action because any meaningful debate was stifled from an early stage effectively killing the thread. Funny how some mods can do that.

Nil points for hussey I'm afraid.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Nil points for Hussey when you misread and completely mis-interpretted what he said....does that actually make sense to you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Complaints regarding an individual Mod are not addressed in Feedback.
    That is what the DRP Forum is for.
    Please take it up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement