Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weihrauch hw 66 .17HMR for sale

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

hiya im trying to find a thread that was taken down off of the shooting for sale site i posted 2 ads bout same time, one was for a styer prohunter for sale the second ad was for a Weihrauch HW 66 .17HMR for sale
    bout posts were put up on line on or around the 12th feb 2012 as i remember that i thought it might be refused as the pictures were very close to the size limits of the site i posted an ad for "Weihrauch HW 66 .17HMR" and mow can not find this post anymore
    the mod for the site shooting has said after i had complained that i did nor did i ever post an advertisement for a "Weihrauch HW 66 .17HMR" on the for sale section again i said i did he would not belive me
    so im here to try and find out from u if you can find this ad for mr i got a reply to this ad in the form of a private message which states

<mod edit: PM's removed>

we contacted each other on phone and arranged details the sale fell through because it would cost to much to send to england from ireland

when i went looking for the for sale ad it was gone and when i questioned the mods in question they informed me i never posted an ad now i didnt want to take this any further than complaining and seeing if they repost it for me but Ezridax the mod for shooting has flatly deinied that said post ever existed now i have asked neil to fimd the post but he as well cant belive that this post is missing as he found this ad on boards
    i wonder if this happens a lot and a lot of people dont complain because of the time involed in getting a result but the mod will not allow me to post another ad till i apoligise and retract the allagation that the mods removed my ad by mistake as i couldnt remove it so it had to be a mod very unhappy camper please if you could help to sort out this problem with the mods and myself

syconerd
    john naghten

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bumping this straight up to the admins. I've looked for the post and it's just not there. Ezri went back over all the posts from syconerd that we could find and found no such ad. None of the shooting mods deleted any ad by him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to Helpdesk, as this isn't DRP related.

I also removed the PM exchange posted without permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi there,

The only people who can properly remove posts and leave no record of such a post existing are staff members and possibly Admins. If this happens (and it happens very rarely), we will have a log of it. Unfortunately the logs can't be filtered by forum or by usergroup, so with upwards of 800 entries in the log per day I'm afraid you're going to have to be much more specific than "On or around the 12th of February".

The Steyr Prohunter thread was posted on the 17th of February, was this the same day you posted up the missing thread?

And I'm back again.

I've just searched though 15 days worth of logs from the 10th to the 25th of February, there were no thread deletions in any forum on Boards. So now there are potentially four scenarios:

1) You did post the thread and it was lost because of a technical glitch or error. Obviously a pretty big deal since it should never, ever happen. The chances of this happening are remote because we'd end up seeing inconsistencies like posts not being assigned to threads and essentially orphaned etc. So I'm 99.99% sure this didn't happen.

2) You think you posted the thread but you didn't. This is improbable since you received a private message on Boards about the item.

3) The thread still exists but it was moved to another forum or otherwise put out of reach. It wasn't, I've looked at all threads you have ever made, it's not there.

And then finally...

4) You posted you had the gun for sale, but it wasn't a new thread.

Running with option 4, I found this post, on somebody else's "wanted" thread where you posted that you had a weihrauch hw 66 .17HMR for sale.

It is entirely possible that this is the post that resulted in the PM, and that your new thread never existed in the first place. In any case, given all evidence it would appear that you were wrong to assume moderators had removed the thread because based on the evidence a thread never existed in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Running with option 4, I found this post, on somebody else's "wanted" thread where you posted that you had a weihrauch hw 66 .17HMR for sale.
    That was the first post Ezridax found and pointed out by PM to syconerd, who said it wasn't the thread he was talking about.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    That was the first post Ezridax found and pointed out by PM to syconerd, who said it wasn't the thread he was talking about.

Posts simply "disappearing" doesn't happen. There are no logs in modutils or the moderator log for the OP, for removed threads in the shooting forums or for anything with weihrauch in the text of the post.

The PM sent to him about it was dated Monday, February 13th 2012 at 10:43pm and the only post was on the 21st of February. However that same PM doesn't mention what rifle the guy was looking for, and doesn't mention where they saw the post. Is it possible that the guy who pm'd him saw it somewhere else or through a friend of a friend was told. In any case as we don't have a data-consistency issue there really is nothing more to be done from our side, the post didn't exist and you guys most certainly didn't delete anything.

This issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement