Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckfast question

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭

Had half bottle of buckfast a few weeks ago and 5 bottles of Kooperberg Mixed fruits after i drank the buckfast and i turned into a lunatic, fighting with people, flipping out etc. Something which i never ever did

my question is was i wrong in mixing the two drinks or does buckfast have bad effects with people like myself??

BTW this was my first and last time drinking buckfast (i heard you have a great night when you drink it)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I think Buckfast has a reputation for sending people loopy. Wouldnt say it was anything to do with mixing the drinks and more so the bucky

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Isn't it called "Wreck the Hoose Juice" in Scotland? It has a reputation for bringing out people's bad sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I think the main issue with buckfast is the mix of the alcohol and a very high caffeine content, and thats what contributes to people misbehaving when they have too much of it.

As far as I know though there is no scientific reason for one drink to effect your actions differently to another, its more to do with how much you have and how fast you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nothing to with the Buckfast per se. It's the amount of alcohol that you ingested. Alcohol is an extremely potent drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This forum does not exist to give advice on how much you should drink or what drinks you should & should not mix so you don't get into fights.

Drink alcohol sensibly.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement