Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Customer Care Tried to Avoid Me

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I've tried to cancel my billing after my contract has ended and wanted to change to Meteor prepaid. They asked me to call on the next day for the cancellation

On the next day, they didn't pickup my phone after I waited for 11minutes, normally they pickup around 5 seconds. They didn't even say sorry!

Obviously they were trying to avoid me. Later, they offered me cheaper billing package, same usage: Free meteor to meteor call/text and 1GB internet data for 15euro but I refused, to show how much I hate the way they treat me

I'm going to O2, bye bye meteor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So your only complaint here is that you had to be on hold for 10 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pcboy

draffodx wrote: »
    So your only complaint here is that you had to be on hold for 10 minutes?

Yes! Thank God. At least someone understands me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

They did not try to avoid you, it is not uncommon to be put on hold when calling customer care, regardless of network. They are busier some times than others so it will take longer sometimes, are you seriously saying you don't understand this??

Before you move to O2, I must warn you, they kept me waiting a whole 7 minutes two weeks ago...

Thread title should be changed to reflect the OP's impatience.

Oh, and I can't believe you actually made that video!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Ten minutes on hold and you're complaining? Oh no I see what's happened here, your number was recognised by Meteor and all the CSR's were told not to answer you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It won't be customer care that you deal with for cancellations anyhow. So you're original point that they're avoiding you is rubbish. I used to work for Meteor and as soon as we got a call for a cancellation, we'd transfer you through to the lads that deal with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Consider yourself lucky, one of the lads in work was on hold for an hour recently and he was trying to switch over to Meteor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

If your 11 minutes are that valuable to you, it would be good idea to hire a PA (using the money you're saving) to handle such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Highly unlikely thirty were trying you avoid you but here is a suggestion, call 1905 and select the "sales"option, they pick up pretty quick and thru should transfer you over to relevant department

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Lol I knew this thread was going to be funny by the name of it :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pleasereadme

O2 have a call back service that if they are busy they will ring you back and you don't loose your place in the que .O2 Custome care are Helpful and if they can't help you they will advise you where to go.Meteor are a waste of space they just pawn you off.tell you it not them you need to talk to it's someone else.They ask you to e-mail them and then don't reply to it .I am a O2 and Meteor customer and O2 customer would get 10 out of 10 for service and Meteor would get 0 out of 10 for customer care. I can go on and on but I think you get my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I went to a shop for a sandwich at lunch time, the guy on the deli avoided me for 10 minutes while he served the people who were in the queue ahead of me. I know he could see me but he didn't care the cheeky git, he just carried on avoiding me until it was my turn. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pleasereadme

Meteor just have very low standards .Nothing we can do just go somewhere else for a better service.

Advertisement