Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a boxer puppy [UPDATE: Rescue boxer puppy found]

• 15-03-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Posting on behalf of a non-boardsie mate. He's looking for a boxer puppy. They (himself and his missus) have had a boxer before, so they know what it entails. They have a 5 year old child, and wants to get a puppy that is under a year old so that it'd "grow-up" with their child. He has a large and secure garden, and someone would be there pretty much all of the time.

They'll take a rescue, but I haven't found any boxer puppies on any of the rescue websites that I've looked on.

/edit
    Thanks to lorebringer a female rescue boxer puppy has been found.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Young Boxer puppies are few and far between in rescues, slightly older puppies (over 6 months) would be a much better bet if they really want to rescue. There are quite a few Boxer mixes and some pure breed Boxer adults in rescues too, could always be an options. Adult dogs bond just as well with kids as puppies do so, if they don't have their heart set on a young puppy, it's somewhere they could look into.

If they really do want a pure breed Boxer puppy, contact the IKC Boxer breed club secretary to get a few names of reputable breeders. Make sure the breeders health test their breeding dogs so that pups will be as healthy as possible and that your friend go to see the pups and mother before they purchase. Steer clear of the buy and sell ads - very dangerous ground and they tend to be full of unethical breeders.

There are currently 3 Boxers in Dunboyne pound, one looks like a reasonably young pup (couldn't be more than 9 months old) - in case your friends are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150747573742474&set=a.10150747572577474.466858.270131087473&type=1&theater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

There are currently 3 Boxers in Dunboyne pound, one looks like a reasonably young pup (couldn't be more than 9 months old) - in case your friends are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150747573742474&set=a.10150747572577474.466858.270131087473&type=1&theater

I was just about to point the Op the same way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Oh that poor wee fella looks terrified :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

From the look and colouring of the older female I would say she is the mother of the two younger dogs.... All 3 found in same area..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Update: my friends missus went to the pound today, and will be taking the female boxer as she was very friendly. The update she gave me was:
    The males were very nervous and female was friendlier. So we took her
    <snip>
    can't wait to get her,hopefully she's not claimed.
    As she seemed to have been abandoned, I'd say the chance of her getting claimed is low, and she'll enjoy her new home.

/edit
    Seems they'll be getting her on Tuesday.

Latest update: dog likes her bed :D

483326_10150611114621120_618626119_9885150_1070613498_n.jpg

Thanks to lorebringer for giving me the link to pass on :D

the_syco wrote: »
    Thanks to lorebringer for giving me the link to pass on :D

No bothers - glad to help ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

How is she setelling in, is she house trained already? We done she's a beaut? What you call her?

RubyGirl wrote: »
    How is she setelling in, is she house trained already? We done she's a beaut? What you call her?
    Checked facebook, and seems she's called Izzie, and "she's house broken and has some commands she's a wee pet. So gentle and very friendly". My mates missus is going to get one of her friends to bring over their boxer (also a female) to see how "dog friendly" Izzie is. Hoping they get on, so Izzie can have a playmate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Ah that's brilliant, lucky Izzie!

As an aside I'd limit contact to other dogs for the next week or so as dogs coming out of pounds can pick up all sorts of things like kennel cough so it's best to make sure she's over the incubation period before mixing her with other dogs. Just in case they were planning on doing it sooner!

Toulouse wrote: »
    Ah that's brilliant, lucky Izzie!

As an aside I'd limit contact to other dogs for the next week or so as dogs coming out of pounds can pick up all sorts of things like kennel cough so it's best to make sure she's over the incubation period before mixing her with other dogs. Just in case they were planning on doing it sooner!
    I think the other boxer won't be coming around for another 10 days, as the other dog has stiches, but I'll pass on the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Ah perfect, will give them a chance to get her over anything that may develop and also she'll need to start her vaccinations again anyway.

If you get them to look in the notes section of the FB page they found her on there should be a link for introductions of dogs so you can pass them on if they want to read them, make sure everything goes smoothly with the meeting.

Advertisement