Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the way to get to Sandyford Ind. Estate...

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Is there a bus from rathmines/harold's cross/kimmage area that goes directly to the Sandyford Industrial Estate?

I know the Luas goes from the canal up by Rathgar but that's no use to me unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Most go the N11 afaik. I'm sure there's something but the dublinbus website routeplanner will tell you as quick as most people on here

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

The only buses that go directly to the industrial estate would be the 11, 75 and 47 (And an occasional 116, i think) and all of these head from the city towards the N11 direction. If you had to get a bus, it would be a two bus job, i.e getting a 14 to Ballinteer/Dundrum and switching to a 75 or heading into town and switching to a 11/47/Luas.

Can't think of any other way around it, but I'm open to correction?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Your best option frankly is to get to Ranelagh/Charlemont and take the LUAS.

Bus option is the 11 from Leeson Street and Ranelagh.

From Kimmage, you could take the 17 to Rathfarnham and change to the 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I cycle, its quicker than driving for me due to all the traffic, about 25mins. I am sort of near to the luas but it takes about an hour as the walk to the luas is ~20mins and the walk from the luas to work is another 10mins, and then the luas itself takes longer than my cycle would. Even walking is an option for me, its actually faster for me than getting buses.

There are numerous gyms in sandyford, ben dunne is €200 per year now, and €360 for 2 people if you can find a random stranger I think you can sign up. I was thinking of using it mainly for its showering facilities, if you had none in work, of course you could cycle slow.

No better feeling than breezing by the traffic jams on a busy evening.

Another option is having 2 old bikes, one to get to your luas. the other from the luas in sandyford to your work. I have left my bike at the luas in sandyford over weekends before, its a very quiet area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Should have added from Kimmage the 17 will take you to the LUAS at Dundrum, and the 18 will take you to near the LUAS in Ranelagh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement