If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV RECEIVERS - IF YOU NEED ONE - HERE IS THE PLACE TO LOOK!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm interested in the Marantz SR5005 or the PIONEER VSX-921. I'd also like a sub to go with it and some cable to connect to the sub. It's for games and HD movies and the occasional bit of music. Delivery is to Kildare. I've three sources (UPC, a HTPC and Xbox).

Which one do you recommend?
    I'd like it to feature:
    Airplay
    Audyssey or something other way of handling dynamic volume levels. (My current receiver is either really quiet or really loud.)
    A usable GUI on the TV
    Network capability (wired is fine)
    CEC (not a deal breaker but I gather this would be a good way of future proofing the receiver)
    HD audio

I'll take the BNIB Marantz so. I just need to check about the sub. I've ordered off you before, so you might have my details but I'll PM you in a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Was hoping for a Network Receiver...........Onkyo for eg. :D
    Will buy MA speakers aswell. :D

I was a little unsure about the Marantz but from what I read online it sounds good. I'll ring the store tomorrow to place my order.

I can't really afford a sub at that price though. Do you have any graded/demo subs to sell?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Planet X wrote: »
    Was hoping for a Network Receiver...........Onkyo for eg. :D
    Will buy MA speakers aswell. :D

VSX921 / RXV671 / AVR2312 are all network AVR's....

Keep us posted,

ATVB,
    Johnmc& crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Pm sent

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

John,

I've extracted this from Silvine's original query to make it easier for Boardies to notice.

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

John,

I've extracted this from Silvine's original query to make it easier for Boardies to notice.

Ritz.

01.35..... Does the Ritz ever sleep?

Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

If only I had the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Interested in the MARANTZ SR5005

Just wondering since you let the NIB model go for 250 would you consider letting the ex demo go for 200? ;)

If you do, what use has it seen, light, moderate? and does it come with box/accessories?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the post.

Really sorry, but the other SR5005 has gone also. A boardie came up and bought it in the store so it didn't show on here.

Are there any others that grabbed you ?

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

I am on a lookout for an amp with Wi-Fi built in, what would you recommend? A pair of speakers might be of interest as well. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Hi guys. Do you still have the slimline marantz's left? I need to replace a home cinema combined DVD / receiver - is it just a straight swap? I know DVD isn't included in the receiver but Xbox fulfillls that requirement. Ta!

System arrived today. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Chaps, the Onkyo 606 (I think) that I bought from you a couple of years ago is starting to get on my wick. Sound-wise it's great, but the HDMI issue is getting worse (takes ages to handshake with nearly everything) and I was thinking of replacing it. Of the amps mentioned in this offer that you have left, what would match what I have (or even surpass with e.g. network connectivity)?

mndgz wrote: »
    I am on a lookout for an amp with Wi-Fi built in, what would you recommend? A pair of speakers might be of interest as well. Thanks

Mndgz,

we have very little available which includes Wi-Fi built in, but many of the Pioneer / Onkyo / denon and Marantz AV amps are wi-Fi ready with an optional dongle and the dongles are generally not that expensive.

The Pioneer VSX-921 is about the most network friendly with optional dongle available at approx £49.95 - have a look at the specs here:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/22/98/405/VSX-921/index.html

At £289.95 it's really cracking value..

If you want to go a bit further the Yamaha RXV-671 at £349.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv671/yama-rxv671-blk also sounds amazing...

If you were lucky enough to be a politician you would probably be able to stretch to the stunning Onkyo TXNR1009 at £999.95 (£300 off at the moment) http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr1009/onky-txnr1009-blk or the sublime TXNR3009 at £1899.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr3009/onky-txnr3009-blk (I'd even throw in the Wifi dongle with that one and give you an extra £100 off the Richersounds.com price of £2000) ;)

...of course thats all assuming that you are looking for an AV Amp.....You may be looking for a Stereo amp ????? :confused:

Apologies for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi guys. Do you still have the slimline marantz's left? I need to replace a home cinema combined DVD / receiver - is it just a straight swap? I know DVD isn't included in the receiver but Xbox fulfillls that requirement. Ta!

CJ,

Apologies for the delay!

We do have a few of the skinny Marantz models left:

Marantz NR1402 - Black ex-demo / 2 year warranty
    http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1402
    Last one to clear at £169.95

Marantz NR1501 - Black ex-demo / 2 year warranty
    http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1501
    Last one to clear at £169.95

Marantz NR1602 Silver - Brand new boxed (really stunning receiver!)
    http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HomeTheatre&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1602
    Brand new boxed at £369.95 (Silver only)

If you wanted an alternative at a real deal price we have the excellent Marantz MER803 Melody Movie system available - which includes a really superb amplifier and Blu-Ray reduced from £749.95 to £479.95 Brand new and boxed...

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=Systems&SubCatId=0&ProductId=MER803MelodyMovie

Its compact slim and looks stylish and at under £480 it's a great deal!

Apologies again for keeping you waiting and give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

blastman wrote: »
    Chaps, the Onkyo 606 (I think) that I bought from you a couple of years ago is starting to get on my wick. Sound-wise it's great, but the HDMI issue is getting worse (takes ages to handshake with nearly everything) and I was thinking of replacing it. Of the amps mentioned in this offer that you have left, what would match what I have (or even surpass with e.g. network connectivity)?

Blast - it has to be the Onkyo TXNR3009 for you ;) ?????

Honestly - if you wanted an improvement over the 606 - I'd look at the Pioneer VSX921 or the Yamaha RXV671 - to be fair to the Yamaha's they are really well built, bullitproof reliable and they sound great - so possibly that would be the route for you to look at?

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Mndgz,

we have very little available which includes Wi-Fi built in, but many of the Pioneer / Onkyo / denon and Marantz AV amps are wi-Fi ready with an optional dongle and the dongles are generally not that expensive.

The Pioneer VSX-921 is about the most network friendly with optional dongle available at approx £49.95 - have a look at the specs here:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/22/98/405/VSX-921/index.html

At £289.95 it's really cracking value..

If you want to go a bit further the Yamaha RXV-671 at £349.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv671/yama-rxv671-blk also sounds amazing...

If you were lucky enough to be a politician you would probably be able to stretch to the stunning Onkyo TXNR1009 at £999.95 (£300 off at the moment) http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr1009/onky-txnr1009-blk or the sublime TXNR3009 at £1899.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr3009/onky-txnr3009-blk (I'd even throw in the Wifi dongle with that one and give you an extra £100 off the Richersounds.com price of £2000) ;)

...of course thats all assuming that you are looking for an AV Amp.....You may be looking for a Stereo amp ????? :confused:

Apologies for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Well I'd say I'm looking for a stereo amp. The video part doesn't really interest me. Would you have anything in stereo range with Wi-Fi? The cheaper the better, I am not a politician just yet :)

Also, what's the best you can do on the Pioneer with the dongle incl. delivery to Galway?

Well I'd say I'm looking for a stereo amp. The video part doesn't really interest me. Would you have anything in stereo range with Wi-Fi? The cheaper the better, I am not a politician just yet :)

Also, what's the best you can do on the Pioneer with the dongle incl. delivery to Galway?

Onkyo do have a DLNA certified stereo receiver. It's the TX-8050 I don't have any pricing on this at the moment, I could look into this for you tho? Here's a spec below for more info:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-8050-43158.html

You can make the above wifi by adding the additional Onkyo dongle.

Our best price on the Pioneer, dongle and delivery would be £352.89.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement

Onkyo do have a DLNA certified stereo receiver. It's the TX-8050 I don't have any pricing on this at the moment, I could look into this for you tho? Here's a spec below for more info:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-8050-43158.html

You can make the above wifi by adding the additional Onkyo dongle.

Our best price on the Pioneer, dongle and delivery would be £352.89.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

I'd go for the pioneer if you could do a bit better on the price. I wouldn't mind an ex-demo

I'd go for the pioneer if you could do a bit better on the price. I wouldn't mind an ex-demo

MN,
    apologies for the delay getting back to you.

£289.95 is as tight as I can go on the Pioneer at the moment - but I would do delivery at just £7.99 / €9.99 if you were interested?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

MN,
    apologies for the delay getting back to you.

£289.95 is as tight as I can go on the Pioneer at the moment - but I would do delivery at just £7.99 / €9.99 if you were interested?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

So whats the total in euros incl. dongle and delivery? Thanks

I'll do it at £340/€419.99 all in..

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

I'll do it at £340/€419.99 all in..

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

Make it an even 400 and we have a deal

Hi there.

Unfortunately that's the best price that we can offer at 419.99 Euro.

We are always happy to price beat, so if you can get the same products delivered to you for less than our price, then we'll beat it.

Can't be fairer than that !

Keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately that's the best price that we can offer at 419.99 Euro.

We are always happy to price beat, so if you can get the same products delivered to you for less than our price, then we'll beat it.

Can't be fairer than that !

Keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

That's fair enough, I want to go ahead with the sale. I PM'ed John already so could you follow up

No one's got back to me yet re Pioneer. Come on lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Are there any Pioneer VSX-421 Receivers left?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No one's got back to me yet re Pioneer. Come on lads

Hi there,

Apologies no one has been in touch. Been a pretty hectic week up here.

If you'd like to drop me a PM I can sort you out. :)

Chris.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.