If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV RECEIVERS - IF YOU NEED ONE - HERE IS THE PLACE TO LOOK!

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Are there any Pioneer VSX-421 Receivers left?

HI Bomble,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is indeed. Got plenty here. :)

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

HI Bomble,

There is indeed. Got plenty here. :)

Chris

Nice one.

I want to get one of those and a 5.1 speaker package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bomble.

The pack that most people go for with the Pioneer VSX421 is the Pioneer SHS100 pack which is £109.95.

This is an excellent value for money package that does work well with the 421.

The other option would be the Tannoy SFX. This is a much superior package in terms of sound quality and build and would get the most out of the Pioneer receiver.

This currently comes in at £199.95.

Delivery of the 2 would be £14.99 anywhere in Ireland and we could despatch today for delivery on Monday.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think of either of these or if I can help any further.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hi Bomble.

The pack that most people go for with the Pioneer VSX421 is the Pioneer SHS100 pack which is £109.95.

This is an excellent value for money package that does work well with the 421.

The other option would be the Tannoy SFX. This is a much superior package in terms of sound quality and build and would get the most out of the Pioneer receiver.

This currently comes in at £199.95.

Delivery of the 2 would be £14.99 anywhere in Ireland and we could despatch today for delivery on Monday.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think of either of these or if I can help any further.

ATB

Dave

Cheers!

Is the extended warranty an option on the receivers and speaker packs?

Cheers!

Is the extended warranty an option on the receivers and speaker packs?

Hi Bomble,

Our extended warranty is indeed available on both amps and speaker packs. :)

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

My old Onkyo Tx SR876 (bought it from you a few years back) is acting up with my Samsung led tv and constantly showing no signal now.

I have a Denon 2500bt transport only blu ray player and was wondering what you would recommend to replace the Onkyo. I have a 5.1 setup and would need shipping to Dublin.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

target wrote: »
    My old Onkyo Tx SR876 (bought it from you a few years back) is acting up with my Samsung led tv and constantly showing no signal now.

I have a Denon 2500bt transport only blu ray player and was wondering what you would recommend to replace the Onkyo. I have a 5.1 setup and would need shipping to Dublin.

Thanks

Target,

in the 1st instance we are happy to send your 876 off to Genserve to have them look at it for you - it cannot be that old (2008/9??) and its an excellent receiver..

...in the 2nd instance - perhaps you just want a new toy ;), and seriously things have moved on greatly since the 876 - the new Onkyo TXNR1009 is really stunning at £999.95 (we lose our shirts at that price :eek:)

showimage.php?image=308769.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Alternatively we have the Denon AVR3312 at a mad £629.95 ( I'm pretty sure no one matches that price at the moment ) and its a real quality piece of kit especially on Audio it sounds stunning.

L_AVR3312_E2_fr.png

Finally the big daddy - the Onkyo TXNR3009 is the one if the numbers come up tonight: £1899.99 and its just such a wonderous beast....:cool:

showimage.php?image=309266.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Keep us posted if any of the above tempt or of course if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Target,

Alternatively we have the Denon AVR3312 at a mad £629.95 ( I'm pretty sure no one matches that price at the moment ) and its a real quality piece of kit especially on Audio it sounds stunning.

L_AVR3312_E2_fr.png

Hi, been keen on this baby, if any left, thanks.

Dermondo wrote: »
    Target,

L_AVR3312_E2_fr.png

Hi, been keen on this baby, if any left, thanks.

Dermondo,

no problem - have several of the beauties available - if you PM me your contact details ( I know you're already a victim ;)) I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted..

Thanks again and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Dermondo,

no problem - have several of the beauties available - if you PM me your contact details ( I know you're already a victim ;)) I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted..

Thanks again and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

pm sent

• Advertisement

Thanks John, I drove up this morning to Belfast and called into the shop just as you were writing the post and picked up the Denon AVR-3312. Got charged £699.95, I should have checked on boards for your reply. But no harm done. I have it setup and its working treat.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

Received the Pioneer VSX-921 with thanks. Just one little thing, there was no mention of the Wifi dongle on the receipt? And any ideas when are you getting them in?

Also what's the best you could do on the Monitor Audio VW8 sub? Thanks

Thanks John, I drove up this morning to Belfast and called into the shop just as you were writing the post and picked up the Denon AVR-3312. Got charged £699.95, I should have checked on boards for your reply. But no harm done. I have it setup and its working treat.

Many thanks
    HI, I am thinking of getting one next week, how are you finding it compared to your last AV amp.

HI, I am thinking of getting one next week, how are you finding it compared to your last AV amp.

Very easy to setup and it solved a HDMI handshaking issue I've been having with my UPC media box/TV. The volume from the Denon might not be as punchy as the Onkyo but its more than sufficient for my living room. It weighs a lot less than the Onkyo and does not generate the furnace like heat that the Onkyo did. I've tried the internet radio option but having a problem getting the Denon Internet Radio site to accept the MAC address of the unit as I want to set up some favourites. Might have to call RS on Monday to get that sorted.

Airplay from my iPad is working perfect, handy little feature to have but it only plays audio. Don't expect to stream movies.

I have the Denon 2500BD blu ray player working very well, good vibrant images and no artefacts showing so I'm delighted.

All in I would buy without hesitation. Just sorry to have missed out on the few quid of a discount.

Many thanks

Target I'll get the lads to pop a credit on yout account for the difference ....would that be okay??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

J

Target I'll get the lads to pop a credit on yout account for the difference ....would that be okay??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

J

Thanks John. Appreciate that. But in all honesty the guys did a good sales job on me and I don't want to punish them for that. They spent the time and gave me the best advice so I'm not too upset about the price. How about I split the difference with you. Can't speak highly enough about your deputy manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi guys..
    Thank u John & Dave again, for the quick replies, on the onkyo 609.
    I just came across this thread, and thought to go with this ex -demo denon avr2312
    If u still got them. I hope its got the 1080p video up-scaling function.
    Kindly reply, will pm u my details.
    Regards.

Hi Peaceboi.

The 2312 that was listed did sell.

We had a boardie call us to take it.

I may have another one coming up shortly as we didn't think we were getting any more of these in and then another few arrived.

I will check to see if there is anyway that I can sell off the one that we have on display once we sell the new other ones that arrived in.

I will come back to you shortly.

Cheers

Dave

mndgz wrote: »
    Received the Pioneer VSX-921 with thanks. Just one little thing, there was no mention of the Wifi dongle on the receipt? And any ideas when are you getting them in?

Also what's the best you could do on the Monitor Audio VW8 sub? Thanks

sorry to repeat myself but still waiting for reply..

Hi there.

You should have received a call earlier from us.

I had explained at the time of the order that the dongle was not in stock so your receipt would only show what we actually despatched.

I have one on order for you and it's due to be into us at the end of next week as Pioneer were also out of stock.

On the VW8, the best price that I could do on one for you....seeing as you bought the other bits as well, would be £139.95 with delivery at £12.99.

I was going to post your dongle but I could send the 2 together if it was easier.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Peaceboi.

Unfortunately I can't sell our display one again until we have sold the good stock. We have 2 BNIB which are going at £469.95 which is a great offer but until these are sold, I can't clear the display one.

Sorry.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

ATB.

Dave

Hi there.

You should have received a call earlier from us.

I had explained at the time of the order that the dongle was not in stock so your receipt would only show what we actually despatched.

I have one on order for you and it's due to be into us at the end of next week as Pioneer were also out of stock.

On the VW8, the best price that I could do on one for you....seeing as you bought the other bits as well, would be £139.95 with delivery at £12.99.

I was going to post your dongle but I could send the 2 together if it was easier.

Many thanks

Dave

Got the phone call, thanks.

In your opinion, would that sub be needed with the VSX-921 and a pair of Monitor Audio BR5's or would it not be of any benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I have a great Denon & Monitor Audio HALF PRICE Stereo AMP / CD / Speaker packsge coming as another Boardie exclusive tomorrow.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

did this happen or did i miss it? (not even sure i want or need it but hey, HALF PRICE!)

Hi Mndgz.

Adding a Sub will always give that lower base frequency and add that extra rumble to movies and games etc.

The Vector sub would fit in well with the BX5's but you could have a look at the MEGA Monitor Audio MSW10 priced at £199.95 but I could do one boardie special to you at £169.59 plus £12.99 postage.
    http://www.hifidatabase.com/Detailed/Monitor_Audio_MSW-10_4677.php

Let me know what you think.

ablelocks wrote: »
    did this happen or did i miss it? (not even sure i want or need it but hey, HALF PRICE!)

Hi Ablelocks.

Hasn't happened just yet so keep your eye's pealed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Herby12

Hi,
    If you will have some onkyo´s prices similarly as MARANTZ SR5005 on first page let me know very interested. Models 709, 809 and are you doing trades?
    Thanks for reply

Herby12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    If you will have some onkyo´s prices similarly as MARANTZ SR5005 on first page let me know very interested. Models 709, 809 and are you doing trades?
    Thanks for reply

Hi Herby,

Unfortunately we've no 709s, 809s or The SR5005 left. :(

We've just got the new Onkyo TX NR515 in priced at £499.95:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-nr515-76085.html

Monster of an amp for the money.

Let me know what ya think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Herby12

Hi,
    thanks for answer. I was interesting especially in those two models but thank you will keep searching. And of course checking the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Hi - Are any of the Pioneers still available and do they have HDMI pass thru in standby ?

Many Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi - Are any of the Pioneers still available and do they have HDMI pass thru in standby ?

Many Thanks

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

The Pioneer VSX 421, 521 and 921 all have HDMI pass through on standby.

I've also got all 3 in stock.

Which one were you interested in?

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.