Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

devianART critiques

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Awesome. I try to stay away from looking at anything on DA cos I come away feeling inadequate and unimaginative.:o
    Yours are really great - designs for album covers?
    Edited to add I cant critique those as I couldnt find a single thing I didnt like.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

BengaLover wrote: »
    Awesome. I try to stay away from looking at anything on DA cos I come away feeling inadequate and unimaginative.:o
    Yours are really great - designs for album covers?
    Edited to add I cant critique those as I couldnt find a single thing I didnt like.
    WOW thanks for the comment! I know how you feel about DA, some of the peeps on there have amazing talent!
    Nah they're not album covers (but I can see where you got that idea from!) - they're more products of general boredom without much effort put in... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

I like your grungy style, all those stains and markings.

I like your 'Jack White' piece best maybe because you have that positive/negative thing going on with the figure which contrasts nicely with the stained newspaper background...cool!

Yeah, I have the opposite feelings about DA, I love looking through the work, it shows me where the standard is at and drives me to keep trying to reach that level.

I probably spend more time on www.conceptart.org though, it just has a broader feel about it, I like looking at the processes of how people work up their finished pieces. Its a great place to create your own sketchbook thread and get critiqued too, posters will tell you as it is. It's quite amazing to look through some sketchbook threads from posters who started out years ago from scratch and how they have progressed to this point.

Talent is over rated, it's all hard work. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

FlashD wrote: »
    I like your grungy style, all those stains and markings.

I like your 'Jack White' piece best maybe because you have that positive/negative thing going on with the figure which contrasts nicely with the stained newspaper background...cool!

Yeah, I have the opposite feelings about DA, I love looking through the work, it shows me where the standard is at and drives me to keep trying to reach that level.

I probably spend more time on www.conceptart.org though, it just has a broader feel about it, I like looking at the processes of how people work up their finished pieces. Its a great place to create your own sketchbook thread and get critiqued too, posters will tell you as it is. It's quite amazing to look through some sketchbook threads from posters who started out years ago from scratch and how they have progressed to this point.

Talent is over rated, it's all hard work. IMO

Cool thanks for the praise and the detailed comment! :D
    Never tried conceptart but I love the website design so I'll have to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

looks good, you should look into using other styles and relax on the brushes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement