Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council gritting footpaths !!!

Options
  • 15-03-2012 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if senility has set in early and I completely imagined it but why the f*ck have the council gritted the footpaths all along Dame St and College Green ???? :mad:

Are they somehow expecting the now average temps of early teens to somehow drop to minus in the next few days and no one else knows anything about it.

There is rain due for the weekend and with the revealers enjoying Paddys Day the place is going to be a muck fest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just spotted that another poster mentioned it was saw dust? If that's the case they're expecting a lot of spillages this weekend. If ya know what I mean. Yes, beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

chin_grin wrote: »
    Just spotted that another poster mentioned it was saw dust? If that's the case they're expecting a lot of spillages this weekend. If ya know what I mean. Yes, beer.

No its definitely grit. Same stuff they use on the foot paths in Germany during the winter. I got some horrible flash backs aus der vaterland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

KTRIC wrote: »
    Forgive me if senility has set in early and I completely imagined it but why the f*ck have the council gritted the footpaths all along Dame St and College Green ???? :mad:

Are they somehow expecting the now average temps of early teens to somehow drop to minus in the next few days and no one else knows anything about it.

There is rain due for the weekend and with the revealers enjoying Paddys Day the place is going to be a muck fest.
    I seen this last night (early morning) and asked the workers why they were doing it .
    Apparently the road sweeper was leaking hydrolic oil all along its route and they had to follow it and soak up the oil .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I seen this last night (early morning) and asked the workers why they were doing it .
    Apparently the road sweeper was leaking hydrolic oil all along its route and they had to follow it and soak up the oil .

Ah that explains the patches I seen on the top of Grafton Street. Hopefully it'll be gone by the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Paddy day parade perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Paddy day parade perhaps

explained above :

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

KTRIC wrote: »

The revealers? What is being revealed? Is GABBO coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They missed a bit near the junction of College Green and Chapel Lane. I nearly lost it on the bike!

Advertisement