Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor customer care What can we do...

• 15-03-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello All
    I am a meteor customer with 15 Months left with my contract. I have a big problem with them. They tell you in the shop (meteor swords in Pavilions) when you are buying the phone and signing the contract if you have any problem call in and we will sort it (Lies).I have gone into the shop spoke to staff and manager (Answer: can’t do anything for you need to talk to customer care.).So next step Customer care .HA HA .Rang customer care (Answer: can’t do anything for you need to talk to shop).Told them was onto shop and they sent me to you is there any one above store Manager (Meteor shop in Pavilions) told no. Any Meteor staff I have spoken to say sorry no not me .Yet no one in Meteor cares .They have you locked into a contract and don’t care .This letter is to warn all don’t sign up to a Meteor contract .I have spoken to other people on forums who have the same problem with Meteor (NO CUSTOMER CARE).THEY JUST DON’T CARE. All I can say is don’t buy Meteor. Please share this any where you can and warn people. Thanks’ for reading this.
    Unhappy Meteor customer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Well whats your problem? I've dealt with Meteor customer care on two occasions both times they were very professional courteous and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pleasereadme

I Have taking out a contract with them for a phone and insurance the phone fell and screen broke I went back to shop as told by shop they filled in the form and sent it in for me. I was told to ring a number to confirm claim.They told me they would have to look into the claim and come back to me they came back three days later to say they would not repair the phone .I asked why and they said it was there right not to uphold all claims.Asked for a reason told they dont have to give a reason.Rang the shop (The agent for this English company) got the fellow that filled out the claim form he said they would look after it. Did not hear anything for three days.so rang again told sorry no will not fix phone asked why got same story. Asked to speck to story manager That took three days and a few calls to shop.He told me nothing to do wilh me talk to customer care and rang them they told me nothing to do with them ring shop asked if there is anyone above shop I could speck to or where can i go to.Customercare told me best thing to do is pay-up contract and go to other network.I am not paying for 15 months and not using it .I have a loan of a phone from an O2 shop and will be going to O2 when contract is up .But cant get anywhere with Meteor.They just dont care .I have typre in Meteor in the search box above and i can see I am not the only person .The other stories are very like mine .No Cusomer Care from Meteor .If You can Show a way of solving this prblem I would be a very happy person.But the only way I can see is to warn all about them so others don't end up like this..

All I want is the phone fixed.But Its not a nice company to deal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

does your insurance cover the phone falling?

Yes it does. They all tell me the insurance covers it fall's, but won't tell me why they won't cover this claim (the first and only claim on this contract).

• Advertisement

Why don't you try ringing the insurance company that your phone is insured by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Has your phone been in for assessment ?

Due to the aggressive nature of your first post im working under the assumption we are not getting all the information to this story.

So i am under no doubt anyone can assist you unless you can fill in the blanks.

Generally a phone is sent for assessment, im assuming you got some sort of report off this? Was it water damaged? What did the report say.

just to be clear im a meteor customer for the past 6 years and ive never had an issue what so ever with the service provided.

nobody has see the phone.It fell out of my hand when picking it up to answer a call.here is no water damage.They are just sending me around in circles .Don't know where to go and they will not say or give me anything in writing to say why they woun't cover it.

Something a bit off here, anytime i've brought in a damaged phone to a meteor shop they have sent it off no problem, i'm guessing that your insurance contract does not cover accidental damage, your insurance is not with meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭fits

Your insurance deal is with the insurance company (probably cpp) not with meteor.

I made a claim last november. I rang cpp, the claim was dealt with and I had absolutely no problems. I dont know why you are contacting meteor about this to be honest.

• Advertisement

Do you have the insurance documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

You would have been given an insurance policy page when you availed of insurance with a policy number starting with IP.

You can ring the 1800 number on there to make a claim. If you've any queries on a claim that has been processed ring that number too.

Other than that, how much are you paying for the insurance? I can tell you what's covered. And your frustrations are with Meteor, it should be with CPP the company who supplies the insurance.

The insurance contract was sold to me by Meteor .They are the agent in Ireland for ccp. Meteor fill in the claim form in the shop and told me to ring number to get phone collected .they told me they would have to wait for the paperwork to come from meteor and they rang back three days later to say they would not be fixing the phone and declinde to say why.I am just so fed-up with the hole thing.You can only go around in circles for so long.

I still dont know why you went to meteor. your insurance is with cpp, so thats who you contact when you have a problem

Try ringing cpp about the claim and see what they say.

Go into the meteor shop with your insurance policy showing them where it states that your phone is covered for the incident, they will have no choice but to put it in an envelope and send it away to be fixed there and then.

The insurance contract was sold to me by Meteor .They are the agent in Ireland for ccp. Meteor fill in the claim form in the shop and told me to ring number to get phone collected .they told me they would have to wait for the paperwork to come from meteor and they rang back three days later to say they would not be fixing the phone and declinde to say why.I am just so fed-up with the hole thing.You can only go around in circles for so long.

Again how much are you paying per month? And did you report it to the Meteor store within 48 hours?

Meteor don't have to fill in the claim form at all, your insurance policy is with CPP and not Meteor. Meteor offer it as a value added service.

EDIT:

From Meteors site.

Three steps to making a claim

3 simple steps to making a claim

Contact Meteor first. Call Customer care within 24 hours of discovering the loss or theft. We’ll immediately block both your SIM and phone to prevent misuse.

If appropriate get a crime reference number. If your phone has been lost, stolen or maliciously damaged, you’ll need to report it to a Garda station within 24 hours of discovering the incident. Just call your local Garda station (NB. Don’t call 999), and they’ll sort out a crime reference number for you.

Finally, contact CPP Phonesafe. Call 1800 924 264 within 48 hours of discovering the incident, and they’ll do the rest. When calling CPP Phonesafe, make sure you have the following to hand:
    Your policy number.
    Time and date of the loss, breakage or theft.
    A crime reference number, if you’re claiming for loss, theft or malicious damage.
    Your phone IMEI number. This is printed on the box your phone came in, and can also be accessed from your phone at any time dialling *#06# and hitting the send / call key. (if you can't find your imei nummber tell them when you call)
    Time and date of your report to Meteor and/or the Gardai.

CPP Phonesafe Claim and Fraud number is 1800 924 264, and lines are open: 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm on Saturday.

The fee for the insurance is €6.99 per month.You have said the shop sent your phone off for you .why did they fill in the form tell me it was covered and send me away with the phone and ask me to ring the 1800 number.

The shops can process claims. But ideally you should be doing it yourself as CPP would rather deal with the policy holder.

Under your €6.99 per month cover you are entitled to be covered for accidental damage for a phone up to the value of €500.

Ring CPP and explain the situation in a calm manner what happened and if you have your claim form ask CPP why the claim was rejected.

Tell them you had reported it within the 48 hours and under the terms and conditions of their policy it must be approved. You will have to pay an excess just like you would on car insurance. As you said you've 15 months left, I assume it happened outside of the first two months, if so the excess should be €33.

Rang the 1800 number for cpp at 2.10pm today got lady called Zoe she tell me there system is down and to call back tomorrow.I will call back tomorrow and will let you know how I get on on Tuesday.As no access to site till then.(on the road).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

darokane wrote: »
    Go into the meteor shop with your insurance policy showing them where it states that your phone is covered for the incident, they will have no choice but to put it in an envelope and send it away to be fixed there and then.

And they will show you on said policy that your policy is with CPP and not Meteor. They're just the brokers. All they can do is give you the form and send it via email. That's it. If there are problems, they can escalate it to higher powers but the stores just sets it up for you and gives you the forms in case of a claim. They have no ability to see claims, help with claims or approve claims or give you a phone there and then.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    And they will show you on said policy that your policy is with CPP and not Meteor. They're just the brokers. All they can do is give you the form and send it via email. That's it. If there are problems, they can escalate it to higher powers but the stores just sets it up for you and gives you the forms in case of a claim. They have no ability to see claims, help with claims or approve claims or give you a phone there and then.

As they sell the insurance they are an agent, therefore they can send away the phone/contact the insurance company on the OP's behalf.
    They've done it for me before which is why this thread baffles me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Im still working under the presumption that the OP went into the shop guns blazing wanting a replacement phone. Rather than actually asking to be assisted.

Theres something missing here..

darokane wrote: »
    As they sell the insurance they are an agent, therefore they can send away the phone/contact the insurance company on the OP's behalf.
    They've done it for me before which is why this thread baffles me.:)

Trust me they rather deal with the policy holder themselves.

I work in a store.

Rang cpp again on friday "system down" rang again today.Got a answer.At Last.Claim rejected as when filled in in the shop it was put down as happened in HOUSE.When I rang and said house they said where in house so i said Kitchen .He said ok what type of floor was it I said tiled .ok.........The claim was rejected because I said it happened in the Kitchen and the form in meteor shop said House..Unreal..I have one word for meteor and their insurance company it start's with Wan....

I have the phone sent away getting fixed "Thank o2 person" It will cost €70.00.and have removed the DD from my account for cpp.

I will be telling everybody I meet about Meteor and their very bad service and tell them not to go near Meteor.I am doing up a letter to put up on my facebook site and friends are going to copy it and share it on theirs.Meteor don't care but I am going to hurt their pocket as much as I can.
    Thanks for all the help.

If you have a problem with them PLEASE TELL EVERYBODY.

NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It seems like your issue is with CPP rather than meteor. Now you could say that Meteor should not have recommended CPP but that doesn't make Meteor a bad network.

Rang cpp again on friday "system down" rang again today.Got a answer.At Last.Claim rejected as when filled in in the shop it was put down as happened in HOUSE.When I rang and said house they said where in house so i said Kitchen .He said ok what type of floor was it I said tiled .ok.........The claim was rejected because I said it happened in the Kitchen and the form in meteor shop said House..Unreal..I have one word for meteor and their insurance company it start's with Wan....

I have the phone sent away getting fixed "Thank o2 person" It will cost €70.00.and have removed the DD from my account for cpp.

I will be telling everybody I meet about Meteor and their very bad service and tell them not to go near Meteor.I am doing up a letter to put up on my facebook site and friends are going to copy it and share it on theirs.Meteor don't care but I am going to hurt their pocket as much as I can.
    Thanks for all the help.

pleasereadme???? please read your own insurance documents more like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

pleasereadme. As above read your T&C's and instructions, and don't say they weren't given as they would be with any insurance policy.

I imagine you went into the shop ready to kick ass, therefore people working there couldn't give a fly about helping you because you were probably abusive or aggressive towards them.

I presume when they asked you where you dropped the phone you said the house. After all they can't know out of nowhere how you broke your phone.

Lastly to finish it off you should have dealt with the insurance company yourself. As before Meteor doesn't do insurance. Their simply an agent to selling it for people who need it.

Third don't bother with your letter. I'm pretty sure the letter your gonna write is going to leave out a lot of stuff you did, not that any one cares really...Your post seems aggressive in nature. If this was the way you dealt with CC im surprised they didn't hang up on you in the first place. I would

Meteor are the Irish Agent for the Insurance Just like evolutionqy7 works for meteor.If you are told by the agent if for any reason you need to claim off the insurance please call into us first and we will do it for you .They are the agent so you do that.As for if you don't care to read my letter I am going to post on my facebook page your ok because your not on my list of facebook friends.Thanks .Freedom of speach......

P.S. If you buy a Germany car do you go back to Germany with it or the Agent you got it from..

Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You sound like an immature adult. Good luck with the rest of your dealings with other networks I can assure you, you will get no different treatment, and no I don't work for Meteor, but I am a happy customer with them though, and have been since my first phone.

Been to all networks, seen no different , each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Customer care ,especially with large companies differs from place to place and from person to person.

I can still remember my first smartphone with Vodafone and how the issue was handled. Yet I don't go posting all over the internet posting about it, cause frankly who cares.

Meteors CC might not be the best, don't worry other networks service isn't perfect either. You told the agent what to fill in to the form. They didn't make it up. So you got no one but yourself to blame.

Advertisement