Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor customer care What can we do...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

P.S. If you buy a Germany car do you go back to Germany with it or the Agent you got it from..

If you buy a German car and have an accident, do you call the insurance company or the agent you bought the car from?? :rolleyes:

I think you're overreating about this issue. Next time, fill in the forms yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pleasereadme

I also have a phone contract with O2 (with them 18 years) and find them very good .Never had any problem they could not sort out .They have a customer care dept. If meteor have 1/4 the customercare that O2 have we could say at least they have something but at the monent they have no customer care and are a pack of wast**'s.

But at least I have meet a good few nice people with the same view as myself.

THAT METEOR ARE WAST**'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I have had my own share of horrid experiences with O2. I even asked for a manager to discuss my issue and they couldn't care less if i stayed or went.

All i can see here is that you aren't getting paid insurance because you are trying to claim for something that isn't covered. That's your fault not meteors.

Meteor might have agreed to help you interface with your insurance company but they aren't obliged to and no judge in the country would take your side (because it isn't meteors fault).

You got burnt by the insurance company, why aren't you slating them? Why don't you start a thread about how crap they treated you? Insured but only if it happens outside your home! What a load of crap! I'm looking forward to adding to that thread you start about how crap CPP is!

Until then leave meteor alone, this isn't their problem. The customer service might not be the best but they aren't supposed to give you customer service for your insurance.

Talking about insurance, when i got my first bike i got insurance through the shop. If i had a claim i knew i'd contact the insurance company not the bike shop, why should it be any different here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pleasereadme

The problem is that when I got phone shop Manager (Swords Branch)told me if need to claim call into shop and they would fill out form.Did that.Insurance will not cover because shop filled in happened in house and should have put in more detail .When I was asked by insurance I said in house they said where in house I said in Kitchen.They say not covered Because form said in house and Over phone was in Kitchen.The phone is covered but they are using this as a get out.Meteor are the selling agent cpp have no staff in Ireland so this makes Meteor their agent in Ireland .They are Irish agent and in my eyes are still ******S. They will not do anything to sort this out and don't want to.If you want to keep your customers happy you look after them with anything or product you sell them.
    They just sell it and say nothing to do with us .They sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Lol their not allowed to tell you weather the phone is covered in the house or not. That would have been covered in you T&C's.

If they would it would be insurance fraud and the CC or the manager would risk to lose their job cause any info they change from the thruth is considered insurance fraud.

Thats why the customer has to fill in most of details or in the worst case fill it in under the customers intructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

By god that's hard to read...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

So next time anyone is offered insurance by mobile network comapny you should say no and get yourself going by earlier posts ? OP can you claim for phone on house insurance as damage happened in the home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

crusher000 wrote: »
    So next time anyone is offered insurance by mobile network comapny you should say no and get yourself going by earlier posts ? OP can you claim for phone on house insurance as damage happened in the home ?

More than likely even if it was covered the excess (and subsequent loss of your no claims bonus) would negate any benefit from claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

:rolleyes:

Still giving out about the wrong people. If it's an insurance claim you deal with the insurance company. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

I also suspect that your attitude is not helping the situation one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

The OP also posted his problem on the Meteor forum over 100 times over Paddy's weekend. Not surprisingly all his posts were removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I also suspect that your attitude is not helping the situation one bit.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

Hello People!

I sat on my Galaxy Nexus and cracked the screen its covered with CPP Im also with meteor. I haven't spoken to the insurance company or meteor yet, I just a have a few questions before I do.

1 is type of incident covered?

2 who will I contact first?

3 If the phone is covered for this will it be exchanged for a new one or be sent for repair?

Thanks for any advice given.

Advertisement