Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negotiator with mortgage company

• 15-03-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I want to retire as I am unable to continue working after 60. I want to make a settlement payment with the E BS . Is there someone who negotiates with banks on your behalf ? I am not good at that and I did not find H Q very nice . I could pay something for the service . I am really worried

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

thannever wrote: »
    I want to retire as I am unable to continue working after 60. I want to make a settlement payment with the E BS . Is there someone who negotiates with banks on your behalf ? I am not good at that and I did not find H Q very nice . I could pay something for the service . I am really worried

It is unlikely they will offer any reduction off the principle balance to be honest. You could try a financial advisor or solicitor but I dont see it making any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

thannever wrote: »

You can ask anyone to negotiate with EBS on your behalf be it a family member, broker, solicitor etc etc. You just need to sign something that authorises EBS to speak to them about your account. I presume your account has been repaid in good order but as Chris says I can't imagine the bank will want to offer you any discount off the capital outstanding. If you are not in serious arrears and are not accepting an offer well below the loan amount outstanding or you intend staying in the house and just want the bonus of a write off I'm afraid you're going to be completely wasting your time...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bailes

having just negotiated with EBS on behalf of a client i can confirm that
    • They are presently working towards a merger of systems, processes and procedures with AIB, as a result they can't make a decision to save their lives
    • Unlike some other lenders they are NOT doing deals
    • They are very Black and White and more concerned about their Jobs than your mortgage (naturally)
    I would suggest leaving it for a few months to see what way this 'merger of processes' works out

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

bailes wrote: »
    having just negotiated with EBS on behalf of a client i can confirm that
    • Unlike some other lenders they are NOT doing deals

Hi, Do you know of other lenders doing deals ?
    I have asked PTSB but they say 'No individual deals'.
    Do you think it would make any differance to ask a 'solicitor' or some one to negotiate?
    Or as said above is a deal a no go, unless in arrears etc ?

Advertisement