Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw meat for my dog (Cork)

• 15-03-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know where I could get raw meat for my dog in Cork?
    He is underweight and I want to try him out on satin balls for a while but getting my hands on that amount of meat is a stumbling block.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Can your butcher not supply you? Exactly what meat and what quantities are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭lukin

Can your butcher not supply you? Exactly what meat and what quantities are you talking about?

10 pounds it says in the recipe. Yes I could try my butchers though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

10lbs? For how many portions? What size is your dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Check with the butchers in the English Market perhaps? Oh god I miss the English Market :(

*sniffle*

DBB wrote: »
    10lbs? For how many portions? What size is your dog?

He's a sheepdog but has lost a lot of weight. I am going to freeze the satin balls when I make them and fed them to him in portions. Don't know if he will like them as he is fairly choosy about what he eats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

you could try the royal canin dry food too, most dogs even the fussy ones will eat it and it has everything they need. It's a bit on the expensive side but probably no more so than meat.

corkcomp wrote: »
    you could try the royal canin dry food too, most dogs even the fussy ones will eat it and it has everything they need. It's a bit on the expensive side but probably no more so than meat.

Cheers man (nice of you to drop into this forum;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

lukin wrote: »
    Cheers man (nice of you to drop into this forum;)

the joy's of trying to train a young puppy, i'm looking everywhere I can for tips:p

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

if you want raw beef or green tripe there ia a guy in cork does dog meat , €9 10lb beef €6 10lb tripe <modsnip>

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Pm me if you want a number for a guy i know that has Tripe, Beef, Chicken he lives in Wexford but delivers to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

How much weight has he lost? What age is the dog and what is his appetite currently like? Tbh I would be thinking a vet visit to rule out a problem first that may be behind the weight loss, especially of it's sudden and there's been no change in food. Is he up to date with worming?

Advertisement