Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Sockets & Armoured Cable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi,

The question I have is with the armoured cable - does it need any special connectors -(it has the normal blue/brown/yellow wiring ), can I just connect to the outdoor socket with the neutral/live/earth terminals? Don't want to purchase sockets to find that I need something extra for armoured cable. Thanks in advance.

SWA cable needs to be terminated using an SWA gland/term, there is a little bit of a knack to fitting them. So the answer to this part of the question is no you cant just connect it like a standard cable, the wire armour needs to be dressed back into the gland and everything needs to be earthed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rum and coke

Get a socket on a back wall of the house.drill throught the back of it and mount your external socket there.forget about the swa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kerryaviva

Mod Edit.

Kerryaviva, you are new to boards, I removed your post quickly as it reflected poorly on another user. I'll count your two posts as one. Please read the forum charter before posting again. Singling out a user like this again will result in a ban.

I hope you remain on the forum, I'm putting this down to a new user being unfamiliar with the rules.
    Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kerryaviva wrote: »
    Mod Edit.

Kerryaviva, you are new to boards, I removed your post quickly as it reflected poorly on another user. I'll count your two posts as one. Please read the forum charter before posting again. Singling out a user like this again will result in a ban.

I hope you remain on the forum, I'm putting this down to a new user being unfamiliar with the rules.
    Thank you.

Who did he single out??:confused:

Advertisement