Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of laying per block

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get prices to have the party wall in the back garden raised about 3 or 4 courses (max 60 blocks).

What's the going rate for a bricky/builder per block at the moment? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bustersdad

hi.if youi where building a house with say 3,4,5 thousand blocks yuo would be looking at price per block,
    you want someone to lay sixty blocks ,
    if you have all materials on site so all bricky has to do is lay blocks you should get it done for 8o yoyos ish ....hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

bustersdad wrote: »
    hi.if youi where building a house with say 3,4,5 thousand blocks yuo would be looking at price per block,
    you want someone to lay sixty blocks ,
    if you have all materials on site so all bricky has to do is lay blocks you should get it done for 8o yoyos ish ....hope this helps

Thanks for the info busterdad.

Can you recommend who's doing the best price for blocks at the moment? For the amount of blocks I'm looking at, would ready mix mortar be the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bustersdad

77 ,some jobs are to small to price per block,a bricky wont load his van with ,mixer,trestles,planks,organise sand cement ect for 50 euros .dont get a bin of mortar its way to much for 60 blocks and expensive .do you have a farmers co,op close buy ,you can get a scoop of sand for 15 euros and 2 -3 bags of cement .some guys will lay blocks for 20,30 cent,but you get what you pay for.
    if you supply all materials dont pay more than 80 euros or your being robbed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I got a lad down to take a look and give me a price. He reckons I'll need more like 90 blocks, as the wall will need a pillar built as well. He came back with a price of €400. That is for everything BTW.

Advertisement