Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine in restaurants on Good Friday?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Are there many restaurants open on Good Friday? If so does anyone know can they serve wine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Many will be closed

No, they can't serve wine

Exceptions are if there is a sports event like maybe you're going to Limerick greyhound stadium or the Curragh, something like that

Or you're a hotel resident

Of course hotels don't turn away business so if you're not a large group and not causing hassle they'll still serve
    Judge Fahy of Galway threw out a lot of cases when gardaí brought Galway restaurants to court for serving

Edit, sorry didn't see this was Dublin forum
    I replied as if it was Food and Drink forum

• Registered Users Posts: 15 royal_alchemist

This one will be open and will be serving any sort of alcoholic: http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/la_peniche_riasc.aspx

Hope this helps!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I remember getting a few pints with my dinner in the Skylon hotel in Drumcondra a few years back...it wasnt worth it,the food was shiite.

Advertisement