Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding parks?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Is there a skateboarding park in sligo or surrounding areas? I heard there was a bike park somewhere in sligo with ramps, but not sure if that's true.
    Any help would be appreciated as the little man is skateboarding crazy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ulisses78

As far as I know, there is no skateboarding park in Sligo. I can be wrong, but I never heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

We're the only county in Ireland that doesn't have one unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Thanks for your replies. I heard there's one in Letterkenny. Do ye know of any in surrounding counties a little closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MoonDancer wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I heard there's one in Letterkenny. Do ye know of any in surrounding counties a little closer?

Donegal Town has one. About 45 minutes from Sligo Town. Also caters for BMX and rollerblading.

Thanks Irish Stew, must check that out :)

• Advertisement

Found the website if anyone is interested too:
    http://www.d-townskatepark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

There is or was one in Strsndhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

There is a skateboard ramp on the roof of the Glass House Hotel if that any good to ya, mind you it's some drop down!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Never tried it but the hill on the new road at Mitchell curly park would be class for longboard skateboards i think. Theres a tarmac track just off the main road inbetween the grass. usually a few walkers but time it right and its empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tudder

Theres a new one opening up at some stage their details are on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SligoSkateBmxClubZeroGravity?ref=ts

• Advertisement

Excellent! Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tudder

Excellent! Thanks very much!

dunno when though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 SkateNutter

Is there a skateboarding park in sligo or surrounding areas? I heard there was a bike park somewhere in sligo with ramps, but not sure if that's true.
    Any help would be appreciated as the little man is skateboarding crazy :)

There is one set up at an old school in Strandhill but I'm not sure if it is open to the public. Also there is one in Westport and Athlone both of which are open air but D-town in Donegal Town is an indoor one.

We are tying to get one for Drumshanbo, Co.Leitrim and hopefully all going well we will be up and running by the end of they year.

Help our cause by LIKEing our facebook page here. The link is here - http://www.skatenutter.com/skateparks-wanted There are a few other pages here to LIKE.

Also if you or anybody would like to add your 'Skatepark Wanted' online petitions, facebook pages, survey forms etc, please do.

Advertisement