Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve - how to only use wifi??

Options
  • 15-03-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey I got a Blackberry curve for Christmas and have noticed over the last few months that the phone seems to be using credit, even when calls and texts are not made. I used to have an iphone and this could be set up only to use available wifi, hence connecting to the internet without using credit. Is there a way to do this in the Blackberry. I'm on Vodafone by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It would be using credit because it's connected to the BlackBerry service from vodafone which costs 50cent every day you use it. It runs in the background whether you're using wifi or not.

You could get vodafone to disable the BIS service and then see if the wifi still works (it should)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 felice

I also recently acquired a Blackberry curve. I found if you switch "data services" off under "mobile network" in "networks and connections", I can still use WIFI for email etc. but do not get charged by the network for data. A glitch in this is that MMS messages are off limits for me unless I switch data back on.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement