Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on a Rottweiler breeder

• 15-03-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hey folks

I am looking to get a bitch Rottweiler in the second week of June.

The parents don't need to me a million times champion at anything, just dosile pets.

One big thing is, she must not be docked (tale cut off)

Does anyone know of a reputable breeder who doesnt ask for silly amounts of money?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

What do you consider a silly amount???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You cant just expect there to be puppies in the second week of June, it doesnt work like that. It all depends on when a breeder has puppies due and that might not be for another couple of months/weeks.

I would call the secretary of the Rottweiler Club of Ireland and enquire about some litters due in the near future.

One thing i will say is that a lot of the breeders in Ireland are still docking so you might find it hard to find a breeder in Ireland that isnt docking Rottweilers.
    You might have to go to the UK to get one with a tail.

Rottweiler Club of Ireland
    Ms. J. Wall
    Everready Kennels, Gernonstown, Slane, Co. Meath.
    (041-9824542)

*I dont want this to turn into a Docking debate, im just stating what i know about Rottweiler breeders/pups.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

andreac wrote: »
    You cant just expect there to be puppies in the second week of June, it doesnt work like that. It all depends on when a breeder has puppies due and that might not be for another couple of months/weeks.

I would call the secretary of the Rottweiler Club of Ireland and enquire about some litters due in the near future.

One thing i will say is that a lot of the breeders in Ireland are still docking so you might find it hard to find a breeder in Ireland that isnt docking Rottweilers.
    You might have to go to the UK to get one with a tail.

Rottweiler Club of Ireland
    Ms. J. Wall
    Everready Kennels, Gernonstown, Slane, Co. Meath.
    (041-9824542)

*I dont want this to turn into a Docking debate, im just stating what i know about Rottweiler breeders/pups.

No no, thats fine, I know most people still dock, and agree, its not a debate :) I was looking for someone in Northern Ireland as to the best of my knowledge, its till UK law.

Yea, what I meant was, after the second week in June :) My bad there, I suppose I could have rephrased it to see if anyone knew a way to find out about litters that will be due in the near future indeed.

And Garkane, I would class a silly amount anything over about 400 duufers :)

Andreac knows NOTHING :eek:!!! Dont listen to her :p hahaha ;)

Here are my Irish bred Rottweilers (cheap excuse to show them off I know)

just kidding OP Andrea helped me a lot when getting my dogs.. But she is right, hardly anyone over here will keep a full tail!!

Oh wow, they are absoloutely beautiful!

Kudos!

• Advertisement

Karlitto wrote: »
    No no, thats fine, I know most people still dock, and agree, its not a debate :) I was looking for someone in Northern Ireland as to the best of my knowledge, its till UK law.

Yea, what I meant was, after the second week in June :) My bad there, I suppose I could have rephrased it to see if anyone knew a way to find out about litters that will be due in the near future indeed.

And Garkane, I would class a silly amount anything over about 400 duufers :)

You can still Dock in Northern Ireland. The new law doesnt come in until April.

There are plenty of breeders up north. Try contacting the Northern Ireland Rottweiler Club and they can help you out.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/166036653447405/

You wont find a well bred, responsible breeder selling dogs for that price.

Karlitto, keep on saving is all I can say to you ;)

It will be worth it in the end when you get a pup that you know comes from excellent lines with no health problems!!!

if you have the money now, save week on week and come July or afterwards you will have the rest to add to it to get yourself a perfect example of the breed!!

Ok, well, thanks folks!

Here is a snap at my little fellow Gimli, looking for a little sister for him :)

What sort of price range is the "norm" ?

He thinks he is a cat at times.

The norm for a well bred Rottie would be about €800 upwards.

Have you owned a Rottweiler before?

Depending on the breeder, your looking in the region of €800... You may get a pup for slightly less if you do not want a dog for showing but still choose a top breeder...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

A Rotties won't look as intimidating when you see those fantastic tails wagging. They look great.

800 isnt the worst price I have seen. Doable, but would rather not go that high.

I have never owned a Rotty myself, however, I know a few people that have in the past or currently do have one. My favorite breed of dog, sooo sooo misunderstood in Ireland. Which is one of the reasons I would love her to still have a tail.

Not knocking it, but I have never had any interest in showing a dog, nor agility. Just me.

Right!

So, quite a long time has passed..... a lot has happened.

But I no longer have my baby Gimli..... :/ he is with his mother and we are no longer together. Let's just leave it at that.

But about a month ago I got my baby girl Kim and my parents got her sister Beckie. And yep, they were quite expensive, but, worth it.

Kim is the bigger of the two. I got them from NI, all the papers, Mam and Dad are pets.....big big big pets.

No dog to me is ever a replacement for another, but Kim is my little baby, always will be and no one will ever take her from me.

Anyway, say hi :D (if you are still following this thread that is :P)

1017643_10151767167941071_1731491870_n.jpg
    481113_10151767144896071_562763018_n.jpg
    1184902_10151807552366071_882137498_n.jpg
    562300_10151807551956071_25374716_n.jpg
    1176383_10151807553056071_636003548_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

awww shes so gorgeous! hope all goes well for you!

Thankies :)

Yea, they are both doing amazing. Extremely receptive to "trick" training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Karlitto, how on earth do you do normal things like, ya know, say no to her? :D

To my Ex or the pups? :D

No is the first command any dog will learn as it is the one you use most :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

They are gorgeous. I love love love Rotties esp with the tails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Karlitto wrote: »
    To my Ex or the pups? :D

No is the first command any dog will learn as it is the one you use most :)

The pups. Those eyes. Seriously. I'd be like in Liar Liar where Jim Carey tries to write "The pen is..." - I'd have the Nnn out and then there would be a personal battle with myself which somehow resulted in me saying yes :rolleyes:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    The pups. Those eyes. Seriously. I'd be like in Liar Liar where Jim Carey tries to write "The pen is..." - I'd have the Nnn out and then there would be a personal battle with myself which somehow resulted in me saying yes :rolleyes:

:D The flash caught the "puppy eyes" perfectly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They are beauties! Soooo cute...

Wishing you and the girls all the best. Don't forget to let us know how they're doing! :D

They are beauties! Soooo cute...

Wishing you and the girls all the best. Don't forget to let us know how they're doing! :D

Oh, of course,

I will post pictures every so often :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Beautiful puppies.

And here we are at 7 months, no problems and they are little pets.

Kim is the larger of the two and Bekkie is the smaller.

Kim is nearing 27 Kg now and Bekkie is nearing 23 Kg

Yea, they know this bed is too small for both of them, but they don't care. Who needs the huge bed when they can cuddle in this one?

fa4m.jpg

Kim

uqhc.jpg

I just had to

d3fz.jpg

They hated me a little bit

v4ci.jpg

Bekkie

8cdn.jpg

Growing up fast! Lovely to see they're the best of friends....

Keep the piccies coming! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

<snip>

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

<snip>
    Take your petty arguments away off this forum please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Karlitto they are absolutely beautiful :)

• Advertisement

So,

Last night was my first time going to the national show Centre in Swords with Kim. I went alone as I didn't want Bekkie and her to start trying to play and being distracted, also, as Bekkie is my parents dog, they should be doing the training here with her so I am going to bring them up next week.

So, it was great, I did basic training at home and more so went to socialize her. We went to the basic obedience training.

She sat, lay down, followed when walking, recall needed a bit of work, but over all she was a dote. With other dogs it was hilarious, big, small, nervous, whatever, she would just wait whilst being sniffed and then took her turn, when dogs were barking, she didn't even look around to see who was barking.

So, now I know, don't leave treats in the car....

Also, since I couldn't find much info on the obedience classes on the interwebs, there is actually a boards thread about prices and times.

Times are the same 7 - puppy and obedience training, 8 - ring training
    Prices are different, old prices were 3€ for registration and 5€ per class, now it is 8€ for your first visit (including your class) and 6€ per class thereafter.

It used to be Tuesdays and Thursdays, but from what I can tell it is only Tuesdays now, but I will confirm today and let you know.

I would highly recommend bringing your dog, weather it is for training or just the socialization.

Advertisement