Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin, Ireland premieres Vegucated

Options
  • 15-03-2012 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/events/367071379991165/

Tuesday, March 20, 2012
    7:00pm until 10:00pm

*FREE SCREENING*

RSVP Yes or Maybe, and invite your local area friends to this screening NOW!

Our appreciation to Trinity Animal Rights Group and Vegan Ireland for our Ireland premiere!

Check out the Vegucated movie trailer here... http://tinyurl.com/vegucatedpeek

Part sociological experiment and part adventure comedy, Vegucated is an award-winning, guerrilla-style documentary that follows three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a vegan diet for six weeks. Lured by tales of weight lost and health regained, they begin to uncover the hidden sides of animal agriculture and soon find themselves risking everything to expose an industry they supported just weeks before. But can their convictions carry them through when times get tough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Backwards supersize me is a good idea. Film looks good too.

I looked up the filom's official site. Stuff like
    featured on Oprah.com and selected as a GirlieGirl Army “Best Of.”

might be counterproductive in media presented to both sexes. Some associations in some guys minds between vegetariansim/veganism and effeminacy. Seeing the extreme reactions between highly questionable studies linking soy intake with decreased testosterone levels illustrates this well. [The amount of extra soy protein involved in the test was unrealistically high for normal consumption and resulted in a minor temporary decrease. Other studies have shown high protein diets cause a decrease in testosterone regardless of the source, and the control group did not have increased protein intake. There's also the possibility of Monsanto produce causing such an effect - Roundup has been shown to mess up hormone levels]

Sorry I've gone completely off topic and had a bit of a conversation with myself there lol

Good luck with the screening! If I was in Dublin I'd be sure to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macrogirl

Where is the screening?

Advertisement