Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary 3 year business degree from home & 457

Options
  • 15-03-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I stand on 457 sponsorship with this degree?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Gerbud wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I stand on 457 sponsorship with this degree?

Cheers

I'm confused over your question, 457 is sponsorship, so a company nominates you for a position.
    Can you clarify your question? You don't need a degree for a 457

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why you asking us? Ask a company that may be willing to sponsor you. Also, I presume you have experience in working, if so what in?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

If you are good at your job and the company need you, it should be no issue, I got my visa in 2 weeks. Love it here, hope you succeed it would be great to see a few more professionals over here rather than laborers or manual workers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 johnjack1067

Mike... wrote: »
    If you are good at your job and the company need you, it should be no issue, I got my visa in 2 weeks. Love it here, hope you succeed it would be great to see a few more professionals over here rather than laborers or manual workers

Nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Bit of a condescending comment especially as professional as you are; you spelt "laborers" wrong, unless of course you are an American.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

I take it you haven't been here for very long then...........most Australians hate that sort of snobbery regardless of whether they are a professional or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Easy folks

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Zambia wrote: »
    Easy folks

Easy about what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I've an honours degree in business, will this make getting sponsored any easier? Been in oz nearly 7 weeks now, and finding it really tough to land a job, despite trying for various roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Esse85 wrote: »
    I've an honours degree in business, will this make getting sponsored any easier? Been in oz nearly 7 weeks now, and finding it really tough to land a job, despite trying for various roles.
    Kinda, sponsorship is about hiring a foreign worker because of a skills shortage and you cannot find an Australian worker, and you must be able to prove you have skills, so if you got a job in business then yes it would help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Degrees don't mean diddly squat unless you have experience and a skill-set to augment said degree..in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/#a

The first thing is to see if what you want to work in over here is on that list. Then go about searching for a company.

Also I'd suggest looking into an unskilled job to keep you going until you find what you're looking for.

Advertisement