Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food and the post

Options
  • 15-03-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Folks I know I'm chancing my arm but would I be allow to get sausages posted over??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No. I believe they have sausages in Australia anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

gudede wrote: »
    Folks I know I'm chancing my arm but would I be allow to get sausages posted over??

There are speciality butchers that do Irish and English style sausages in all the big towns/cities

The is also this company (Australian) which you can buy Irish products from online

http://www.tasteireland.com.au/shop/deli/15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

gudede wrote: »

Nope.

You can buy various goods from taste Ireland as above
    or find a good butcher who does Irish style sausages, David Jones has some, as do various butchers (I usually go for Marrickville) and also black pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Regardless of being allowed or not.

Did you actually think they'd be ok to eat after posting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Had some Caramel mini eggs posted over the other week and they had suffered terribly,discoloured/sunken but i had to eat 2 to make sure they were no good!
    My dad brought Superquinn sausages and Walshe's Spiceburgers to my sis in Singapore not so long ago and the goods all faired out well and he dodged the declaration on that side.
    Butcher reminded him how cold the undercarraige hold gets on planes,it near freezes them.
    It's the waiting around that ruins them if not the confiscating.
    My Barry's teabags get examined everytime.
    Found a new White Pudding for tomorrows breakfast,a local butcher,can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

Where in Perth can you get Irish sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gregsor wrote: »
    !
    My dad brought Superquinn sausages and Walshe's Spiceburgers to my sis in Singapore not so long ago and the goods all faired out well and he dodged the declaration on that side.
    Butcher reminded him how cold the undercarraige hold gets on planes,it near freezes them.
    bringing over is ok as its out of the fridge 24 hours and it's cold in the undercarriage.
    Posting is at least a week. Sitting around in warm sorting offices. Not good for raw meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

In Perth McLoughlin butchers sell Irish sausages, puddings, bacon, etc. You will find them in some coles and IGAs. I think his actual butchers is in Woodvale.

I didn't take the original post seriously. Who would think it is safe to post raw meat? How do you think the customs dog is going to react to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

ellaq wrote: »
    In Perth McLoughlin butchers sell Irish sausages, puddings, bacon, etc. You will find them in some coles and IGAs. I think his actual butchers is in Woodvale.

I didn't take the original post seriously. Who would think it is safe to post raw meat? How do you think the customs dog is going to react to them?

I must have a look for these. Cheers ellaq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I went to my local Farmers market this morning and bought some Black and White Pudding and Pork sausages from this crowd.

http://davidslarder.com.au/

The Pudding is fantastic and I tried a sample of the sausages at the stall, top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I went to my local Farmers market this morning and bought some Black and White Pudding and Pork sausages from this crowd.

http://davidslarder.com.au/

The Pudding is fantastic and I tried a sample of the sausages at the stall, top notch.

Where was the Market?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You are all as bad as the Chinese on Nothing to Declare!

You could try posting over a block of sausage meat wrapped in a few ice blocks from a cooler bag. It would stay cold for longer but the weight would make it more expensive.

man1 wrote: »
    Where was the Market?

Castle Hill showgrounds, every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

I was there too, was just wondering if you were talking about the same one that I was at!!
    It's great!!

man1 wrote: »
    I was there too, was just wondering if you were talking about the same one that I was at!!
    It's great!!

Yeah its a hidden gem.

Advertisement