Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for networks??

Options
  • 15-03-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I have been abroad for a few years but I'm coming back to Ireland soon. I'll be bringing my unlocked iPhone 4S with me and I'm wondering about your experiences with different networks. I've searched back through posts and come across the general consensus that O2's 3G network is slow, Vodafone gives you the worst deal and Meteor's customer support is terrible. I don't know what's really true but looking for some advice on a specific plan and which network may be 'the best'.

I don't call that much so 300 minutes and texts would be fine, I'd want at least 3GB of data though - I use it quite a bit. I'd probably pay up to 60 Euros a month on bill.

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Have a look at Three, Tesco Mobile and E-Mobile too...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Never had trouble with Meteor's customer care myself, no worse then Three anyway. The beauty with your situation is that all you need is a 30 day sim only contract, so you can just hop and skip whichever way you want and find what suits.
    Perhaps start out by getting a few prepay sims, ask if they have a micro cutter instore and trying them out to establish best coverage for the area you want to use the phone in. Once that's established, check out their sim only plans and try them out, if you're not happy then you just have to give the 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

dutopia wrote: »
    I have been abroad for a few years but I'm coming back to Ireland soon. I'll be bringing my unlocked iPhone 4S with me and I'm wondering about your experiences with different networks. I've searched back through posts and come across the general consensus that O2's 3G network is slow, Vodafone gives you the worst deal and Meteor's customer support is terrible. I don't know what's really true but looking for some advice on a specific plan and which network may be 'the best'.

I don't call that much so 300 minutes and texts would be fine, I'd want at least 3GB of data though - I use it quite a bit. I'd probably pay up to 60 Euros a month on bill.

Any advice would be great!

Sim only on 3 for 30.50 EUR per month with unlimited data and 350 'flexi units' might suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You could go with prepay on Three, you pay €20 a month, and you get, 3,000 any network weekend minutes, 3 to 3 anytime free calls, 3,000 anytime any network texts and unlimited data. You have to pay for weekday calls with credit but you have your €20 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

3!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement