Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire X3812 upgrade

Options
  • 15-03-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my computer because some games are quite slow such as Civilization V or Super Street Fighter IV Arcade edition. It would obviously be for gaming and I have a budget of say €500, although less is better. I'd like to improve the computer's performance but I'm fine with the rest (hard drive, screen etc).

Here are the specs of my current machine. I have the Inter Core 2 Quad Q8300 2,5 GHz processor and 4096 Mo of memory.

I guess I would need a new processor (Intel Core i5 for example) and more memory (8Go) - maybe a new graphics card as well? And as there may be compatibility issues I may need a new motherboard as well?

Advertisement