Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in hollands & barrets on shop street

Options
  • 15-03-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

does anyone know anything about this?
    Just heard there was 3 fire engines down there, is the shop completely destroyed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

does anyone know anything about this?
    Just heard there was 3 fire engines down there, is the shop completely destroyed?

Nope. The fire was in hairdresser underneath it. I'd say say fire engines were there as a precautionary measure. Some of the firemen were were standing around spotting the talent. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heard they were only to extinguish the blaze using homeopathic methods so they used 1 millionth of a molecule of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

it was no big deal. three fire engines with lights on during lunchtime with a few firemen hanging round talking. Of course you had the compulsary rubber neckers gawking in blocking the street. I actually saw one female rubbernecker walk straight into an elderly lady nearly knocking her to the ground, she was so busy trying to get a gawk into the shop. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

it was no big deal. three fire engines with lights on during lunchtime with a few firemen hanging round talking. Of course you had the compulsary rubber neckers gawking in blocking the street. I actually saw one female rubbernecker walk straight into an elderly lady nearly knocking her to the ground, she was so busy trying to get a gawk into the shop. :rolleyes:

damn rubberneckers showing an interest in an unusual occurrence...tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

damn rubberneckers showing an interest in an unusual occurrence...tut!

there was nothing to see. no smoke, no fire. I would imagine folk have seen a fire engine before - or maybe not :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement