Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary rate - what point on scale?

• 15-03-2012 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife recently found out she should have been on point 3 of the scale since early Jan 2011. She got back pay (it was called Substitute retro on her payslip) today.

Once we tot up her days in 2011 and 2012 I'd be surprised if she's not into point 4.

She got a temporary position in Jan 2012 (subbing since Sept) and is paid the following:-

Basic €1,266.42
    Qualification allowance €188.50

I've tried to figure out from this using (915 hrs) but can't seem to tie it back to point on the scale. Can anyone tell me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It would be practically impossible to work out as no one knows how many hours she is currently working or has worked.

Increments are awarded annually, but if you are subbing you have to have completed a certain amount of hours to move up an increment (don't know what the figure is).

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

It would be practically impossible to work out as no one knows how many hours she is currently working or has worked.

Increments are awarded annually, but if you are subbing you have to have completed a certain amount of hours to move up an increment (don't know what the figure is).

It's 600 hours in one academic year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

as far as i know, the minimum number of hours needed per year to move up the scale is 18 hours per week by 38 school weeks s0 684 hours.

If you took her basic pay and divided it by the number of hours she worked in that particular pay period, youd have her hourly rate, then compare that to the ASTI hourly rate for a sub and see what point she is on the scale.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Sorry - I committed the one sin I hate for others to make. :o

I should have specified that she's a primary school teacher.

She's full time temporary since January (having been a full time sub from Sept).

It should (I imagine) it is possible to work it out from the payslip as it should be a known formula. Clear as mud though.

Apologies again

Advertisement