Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before other provider is notified of switch over to Electric Ireland?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Electric Ireland,

I recently moved out of the house I was renting and the landlord was changing the electricity provider back to Electric Ireland from the provider I was with.

My provider has yet to close my account as they have not received notification from Electric Ireland of the switch yet.

Can you please tell me how long it takes for the other provider to be informed?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Tartlet,

A switch to any provider can take up to 21 working days. Notification that the switch has been completed is then provided in the form of welcome documents being sent to the account-holder.

If you could provide the MPRN (meter point reference number) by private message, I can take a look to see what stage the switch is at? And if you could also provide your full name and a telephone number.

Thanks and regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Hi Una,

I will PM you now.

Thanks

Advertisement